Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Performance Chassis for T1
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that comment on durability. I'll give them an email about the cost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbbbbbbb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: karmann ghia on super beetle pan Reply with quote

Would there be any advantage with the Super Beetle pan vs the standard pan with the Mendeola front suspension? Can a Super Beetle pan with Karmann Ghia replacement floor pans be used under a Karmann Ghia? It is my under standing that the Super beetle can be made to accept Porsche 944 front suspension. This appears to have been done with the Bader-Racing Karmann Ghia back in 2005. They value that car at 225000 euros! By the time you mode the body to accept the upper end of the Porsche 944 struts, the Mendeola front suspension and vented brakes are a bargain! So Coolrydes is there any advantage to the Super Beetle pan?

Danka
Wbbbbbb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, our front ends are virtually the same either type of super pan. The super pan is used when we are working with kit cars like Meyers Manxters, or Porsche Speedsters. On a Ghia it is actually better to keep it with a type one standard pan.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
halbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well! I did it - ordered the full works: T1 Frontend with narrowed True Track rear. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it. I will open another thread for the build.

Kevin, thanks for your patience with all my questions.

halbug
?uest-10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this work on a squareback. Havent seen one. I want to buy a square back and would like to run . The front and the rear suspension. Also would like to drop in the ez30r into it. Was thinking about putting the ez30r into my chevy luv but now i want to build a beast of a squareback. So has someone done this yet or can it fit with using this type of suspension.
-Alex77-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would this work on a squareback. Havent seen one. I want to buy a square back and would like to run .

Not unless you change type 1 framehead to the the type 3 chassis.
Plipton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Mendeola is still trading?

I received most of my order back in October 13 and Kevin promised to send the rest when I spoke to him at the time. Since then I have emailed, called, left messages and no-one ever answers or calls me back.

What I received is good quality stuff but it's missing parts which have now held up my project for 6 month and I will now miss the 2014 show season. A real shame as I was going to show the car at VolksWorld last month - the first big show of the annual UK calendar Sad
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

Please email me and I'll get this handled. We've been expanding our product lines, and hiring on more employees to keep up with demand. As far as me completely dropping the ball on your missing parts for whatever reason they were missing, I am truly sorry. I have just had far to much on my plate with new products and new employee training.

Please email me a list of what you feel is missing, the shipping address you would like the parts sent to and I will get it handled straight away.

Again I can not say that I'm sorry enough for dropping the ball.

Sincerely, Kevin Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Plipton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

Thanks - I will email you today and copy to your PM on here.

I was concerned maybe you'd moved onto another business so I can only say I am very pleased that you are still at Mendeola and continuing the good work. Very Happy

Cheers
Rick
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new Mendeola product line by CoolRydes Customs

What do you guys think?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Crimson_Axe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a car they would look very nice on Very Happy great work on those
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have enough saved up next week for the Stiify, flop Stop and now these torsion plates, glad I waited now I can get them all shipped together
Dave
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the complete suspension in their running, driving street Beetle? Can you comment on actual performance over standard VW BJ/IRS with typical mods and performance wheels/tires? Non-biased opinions only please.

Anyone racing with the complete set up? Any feed back; pros/cons?

I am planning a new project that is LP/SA and would like to know if this package actually pushes standard Beetle suspension off the road or just rides smoother.

Actual owners/drivers only please. Wink
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildman,

Look back a few pages, if memory serves me right at least these to user names have left feed back like what your looking for.

This is some of Tom_Kathleen (used name) have posted:

As we posted in the 40 page thread - we have the full Mendeola suspension on a Manxter. It rides better, steers better and tracks better than it ever did with the VW suspension. Well worth the cost to us. Tom

One point I seldom see mentioned about A-arm front suspensions (when they are done right like the Mendeola) is the reduced bump steer. That is one reason why all the hot rodders like the Mustang II / Pinto front suspensions. Proper placement of the rack & pinion and equal length tie rods make for a nice ride and our sterring effort went way down also. Tom

We have to give Kevin & the chassis engineers at Mendeola some "props". We drove the Manxter for the 1st time today with the S2 chassis. I was expecting it to ride like a truck because of all the handing claims. It rides softer and nicer than the VW chassis ever did. The steering is super easy, especially the low speed stuff which has always been a problem with this car. We have a few more things to sort out, but this thing is great. We had it aligned, and will try the performance tests later. Thanks Kevin! Tom

and here is what Mikebock the owner of the SPEEDWELL Oval wrote:

I will feel free to chime in here. My 2 cents, Kevin completed the Speedwell Oval about a year ago. The 6 Magazine Covers were sweet indeed but in all honesty it was built to drive. Although, there were natural adjustments needed along the way it would be difficult to deny the performance of the chassis under my 57 Oval Ragtop. i would encourage anyone to take Kevin up on his offer of a ride in one of his chassis. I believe my original ride made me wet my pants Embarassed Needless to say, I purchased the chassis, the car was completed and I have been having a lot of fun with it on weekends. Shoot me a PM should you wish to no more.
Cheers,
Tim

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do your spring plate retainers work? Are they solid 1 piece delrin, or do they use a bushing separate?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
Another new Mendeola product line by CoolRydes Customs

What do you guys think?

4 Link brackets!!! sweet!!
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
How do your spring plate retainers work? Are they solid 1 piece delrin, or do they use a bushing separate?

They are 6061 alum with Delrin am bushings

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another chassis Smile

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
-Alex77-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking tire and wheel sizes for my mendeola front suspension equipped project. What is too much? Lets say that you have atleast mendeola or strut front suspension and good rear coilovers etc.

I'v seen on some beetles 215-235/40 tires at front and 245-275/35 at back, and i have considered 215/40R18 at front and 255/35R18 at back. Allthough 225/40R18 is much more common than 215/40.

How is to drive with 17 or 18" wheels?

I have been looking hollowspoke 993 turbo 18" wheels and speedline lookalike kerscher KRS wheels, which are not the heaviest wheels. And i would prefer 7,5 front and 9" rear.

This 1303 has 225/40R18 and 265/35R18 tires, rear wheels allthough look at least 10" wide..Looks pretty wide.

Hansy11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pondering the idea of doing a subaru awd drivetrain swap in a bug with complete mendeola suspension, the only thing I'm not sure about is would it even be possible with the front suspension setup/design.

Has anyone else considered doing/or done this or am I just out to lunch with an idea like that???
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Page 58 of 75

Jump to: