Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think some people like these rims... 16X8, 150 decent price? Maybe

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/pts/5810097900.html
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

More Rims!?!?!? Grrrr, even less $'s, and I was even in Roch today too... Only thing is that I will probably be spending those $'s fixing a toyota drive shaft instead.

http://rmn.craigslist.org/wto/5815236169.html
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/5801392891.html

It is almost as if he just wants to keep it.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

elizer wrote:
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/5801392891.html

It is almost as if he just wants to keep it.

Yeah, when I seach on "Mercedes" in the CL section for wheels and tires I find several listings in Gaithersburg MD and vicinity that are asking high dollar for any set of Merc wheels.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Its funny, I usually wonder how many Merc rims are 'hot' and figure there is almost no way to tell. The high dollar ones would indicate the guy wants to be sure nobody thinks they are hot...
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Well... I emailed him to make sure it wasn't a typo and he seems set that they command $1,000.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

elizer wrote:
Well... I emailed him to make sure it wasn't a typo and he seems set that they command $1,000.

Thats the same asking price up in this corner (PNW). I check CL often and anytime a set of forged CLKs are available, they are listed at $800+.
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Someone on FB just scored a set in great shape for $200. So there you go. I paid more than $200 for mine though. Sad
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

yeah, i scored mine for 200 in jackson,ms. had almost new tires on them also.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

various other parts cars.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

...with coupons!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

LOL! $27675 for an 87 tintop 2wd!
Last picture is all the justification you need, a steal (suckers).

1987 VW Wolfsburg Edition Vanagon GL - Weekender Edition
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5852645769.html

EDIT: Price has been removed. Owner must have received some feedback.
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This one obviously needs Fridge panel metal, which is a game ender for most here, but otherwise it has a few interesting bits... Heater, engine from a newer model, etc. Someone should take cash, maybe half of asking and see what this guy says.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5853030378.html
akyrie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^That 9th picture is gory. Beware to those with timid stomachs.

82 AHU DK, 1950's Puch-black
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Gory indeed! But I guess those desperate enough will do what it takes. Price point is all that really matters, oh, and mice.

Maybe another one to take a look at... $2500 and a bit less kitchen rust... but probably needs lots of work

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/5855582120.html

Oh, so here are a pair of Tube bumpers... maybe someone thinks these are worth $400, not me, but maybe someone.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/5853882881.html

And Grrrrr! These '99 CLKs are still on the car.. $2500

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5848535241.html
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

[quote="bobbyblack"]Gory indeed! But I guess those desperate enough will do what it takes. Price point is all that really matters, oh, and mice.

Maybe another one to take a look at... $2500 and a bit less kitchen rust... but probably needs lots of work

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/5855582120.html

the second picture is not very encouraging either. looks like it is being loaded/unloaded off a rollback wrecker.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Well, there you have it. Its a good picture to point to and say to the guy "hey, this is really going to be a LOT of work, right?. How about $500" and wave cash in his face... Amazing how much that guy probably had to pay thus far, maybe an opportunity for the right buyer. Isn't that how it works, really?

Always look to the obvious stuff as being to your advantage. It makes life so much different.

-bobby
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Here's a link to a Sinka Syncro for sale in Germany:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=...geNumber=1

Don't you hate it when lazy sellers just dump all their pictures off their phone and into an ad without doing any editing? In this case, they got 5 pictures of the front end and 5 pictures of the right rear. This is the second time this year that this Sinka has been posted for sale and no editing. Sometimes sellers post half a dozen sideways pictures. Don't they bother checking their ad and making adjustments?

rant over
davlance01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
Here's a link to a Sinka Syncro for sale in Germany:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=...geNumber=1

Don't you hate it when lazy sellers just dump all their pictures off their phone and into an ad without doing any editing? In this case, they got 5 pictures of the front end and 5 pictures of the right rear. This is the second time this year that this Sinka has been posted for sale and no editing. Sometimes sellers post half a dozen sideways pictures. Don't they bother checking their ad and making adjustments?

rant over

See what you mean. I didn't even realize it was a single cab until pic number 6.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:

Don't you hate it when lazy sellers just dump all their pictures off their phone and into an ad without doing any editing?

Yeah, that really burns my bacon!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 82 of 137

Jump to: