Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing registry
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IHC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Thing registry Reply with quote

The thing registry site seems to be inactive. Used to be a member when David. Campbell used to run it from Shelton Wa. Went on many cruises in the NW in early 2000s. Don Eddy and Al Farmery with his lifted Thing were always there. Any one know what happened to David. Campbell and the ThingRegistry?
surfarii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll down a bit

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343863
IHC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.did see the post about the Registry.Miss the Northwest Thing cruises.Campbell lead the group to the Long Beach Washington Loyalty Day parade every May.Some years we had almost 20 show up from Oregon,Washington and California. Traveling up the hills on the way I used to run away from the group in my 1.9 dual Weber thing then have to wait for the rest of the convoy running at barely 50 behind me. Do miss those days.
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don and Al are still alive and well. Showed with Don at SpringMeet this last Sunday. Al is currently in Scotland and will be back sometime the end of next month. Went to quite a few events last season with both of them. Don, Al and Steve are pretty active with the Boise Thing Group and Humeston's ralleys. Also managed a few events with Andrea (Thing Girl). All of us keep expecting David Campell to show up sometime.

We are getting a group of Things together for the Sea to Ski parade on the 26th of this month. So far we have 6 Things commited. Feel free to join us.
IHC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is your event located? Had my Thing parked about 4years. Had the Caribs rebuilt and it runs great but now the front brake cylinders need to be replaced. As busy as I am probably wont have it back on the road until July. Was my daily driver from 99 to 2008.Also needs a new exhaust. Looking for one now.Like the stainless from the Thing Shop but don't like the price.
cecil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew Dave when he lived in Sacramento, and I'm from Shelton. But....tried to call him yesterday and got a disconnected message, not a good sign???
Solomon Grundy is trying to catalog all Thing Registry information, so finding Dave would be of great benefit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cecil wrote:
Knew Dave when he lived in Sacramento, and I'm from Shelton. But....tried to call him yesterday and got a disconnected message, not a good sign???
Solomon Grundy is trying to catalog all Thing Registry information, so finding Dave would be of great benefit.

I can contact Don and ask him if he still has any good contact info on Dave

IHC wrote:
Where is your event located? Had my Thing parked about 4years.

Event last Sunday was SpringMeet in Bellevue. This Sunday we have Cruise for the Cure.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: