Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat belts for my 67
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbo_dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwlovr73 wrote:

Here's a pic to help you.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is that upper hole behind the window really for a shoulder belt? I have this in mine and am getting ready to install belts for my kids. I wasnt sure if that upper mount was for a rear shoulder belt or possibly for a pop out rear side window.
vwlovr73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo_dub wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:

Is that upper hole behind the window really for a shoulder belt? I have this in mine and am getting ready to install belts for my kids. I wasnt sure if that upper mount was for a rear shoulder belt or possibly for a pop out rear side window.

You know, I'm really not sure. Perhaps someone else can answer that one? I will say, it has the exact same plastic plug in it that all the other seatbelt holes had. That's why I assumed it'd be for a rear shoulder belt (though I know rear shoulder belts were never used in these, at least I've never seen them).

Red River VW Club- http://www.redrivervwclub.com
turbo_dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in a retractable belt for the rear as well. Does anyone have a retractable rear?
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwlovr73 wrote:
turbo_dub wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:

You know, I'm really not sure. Perhaps someone else can answer that one? I will say, it has the exact same plastic plug in it that all the other seatbelt holes had. That's why I assumed it'd be for a rear shoulder belt (though I know rear shoulder belts were never used in these, at least I've never seen them).

YES that plug is for the shoulder belt. It is the EXACT same plug you will find under the grab strap on the B pillar in a '67 for the shoulder harness anchor for the front seats. The popout latch had three small screws close to the window. As for a retractable shoulder belt in the rear, one was not made for the '67. If one IS made nowadays, you should check with Wolfsburg West. If they dont have it, it doesnt exist.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NayaBeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:
turbo_dub wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:

YES that plug is for the shoulder belt. It is the EXACT same plug you will find under the grab strap on the B pillar in a '67 for the shoulder harness anchor for the front seats. The popout latch had three small screws close to the window. As for a retractable shoulder belt in the rear, one was not made for the '67. If one IS made nowadays, you should check with Wolfsburg West. If they dont have it, it doesnt exist.

Just installed rear seatbelts, retractable type three point. The car had holes in all places except the center one.

I welded on nuts with bug original thread for seatbelts in the holes with reinforcements around. Used original bolts from vs bug as well.

Bought Brazilian made Swedish brand seatbelts with CE certifications for a small sum and installed.

Looks fine and works okay. Cramped. Old car.

I'd show you some photos if photobucket mobile would work.

My holes on the sides were located a little close to the window and walls. But my bug is a 1990 Mexico bug.
"The purpose of life is to enjoy it."
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NayaBeach wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:
turbo_dub wrote:
vwlovr73 wrote:

Just installed rear seatbelts, retractable type three point. The car had holes in all places except the center one.

I welded on nuts with bug original thread for seatbelts in the holes with reinforcements around. Used original bolts from vs bug as well.

Bought Brazilian made Swedish brand seatbelts with CE certifications for a small sum and installed.

Looks fine and works okay. Cramped. Old car.

I'd show you some photos if photobucket mobile would work.

My holes on the sides were located a little close to the window and walls. But my bug is a 1990 Mexico bug.

Can you put up some pics of the install with the rear retractable belts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluxcap wrote:
allihjelm wrote:
Thanks for you help guys.

Do you know if WW are still selling the retractable belts in light brown?

Any chance even that you guys have photos of the arrangements?

Thanks Al.

I got these from Jbugs a while back. They have them in quite a few colors.
http://www.jbugs.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PRO...=UniBelts4
I went with these because they have the old look, but are retractable. Most retractables have a black plastic receiver piece, but these have the cool chrome latch. I put a wolfsburg crest sticker on mine. They are a little fidgety sometimes when trying to pull them to put them on (they will want to catch), but you just have to pull slow. I don't think it is the fault of the seatbelt, but more the low shoulder mount on the car. The mount is slightly lower that the top of the seat back, so when pulling the seatbelt, you are pulling it up and over the top of the seat, and then down across your chest. Just have to pull slow.

Hi,

what is the color of your belts : Grey #6005 or Silver #6007 ?

Could you post a picture of the latch system ?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dvancleve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo_dub wrote:
I am interested in a retractable belt for the rear as well. Does anyone have a retractable rear?

Pretty sure I know the answer, and I'm pretty sure that it's "no". Is it possible to put retractable three-point belts in the back? It looks to me like the retractor would keep the rear seat bottom from fitting in. I'm sure the late style retractable lap belts could be used, not sure anyone sells those new.

Thanks, Doug
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat belts for my 67 Reply with quote

just posting in an old thread.

I have a '63 in which I would like to add rear belts for my kids.

I have a grey interior. Who carries a nice non-retractable?

Thanks for the help...well more thanks from my 2 & 5 year old. They absolutely love the beetle and they want to be in it as much as possible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Murdlem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat belts for my 67 Reply with quote

This looks the closest to what you are looking for. They have lots of color options including 3 point belts.

https://www.vwispwest.com/ZVW20CRGY.html?p=c3E9c2VhdCtiZWx0

Check out my blog. https://vwlifenet.wordpress.com/
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Seat belts for my 67 Reply with quote

Great - thanks so much!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat belts for my 67 Reply with quote

Quick update. Thanks for the help.

Seatbelts in grey look good in the car. Pretty close colour to the fronts. Super easy to install and can be taken out just as easily!!!

Made for some very happy kids to finnaly go out for ice cream!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: