Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New weekly O.C.O.D. G2G in Jax & Atlantic Beach FL
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: New weekly O.C.O.D. G2G in Jax & Atlantic Beach FL Reply with quote

The O.C.O.D. is bringing it to the People once again!

Weekly GtG at the Fly’s Tie

This and every Sunday at the Fly’s Tie - Sailfish Dr East. Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 4pm - till ?

The owner said if we have a good amount of cars (5-6) show up a couple of weeks in a row he would start grilling out for us. He might even be inclined to give us discounted drinks?

Come on beach guys. Middleburg has more people show up to the meets every week and these are all in your back yard!!!

VWW!!!

The O.C.O.D. is finally expanding to Jax Beach! VW Wednesdays at European Street cafe will be a weekly get together for all years of VW. Come out and talk VW's, Grab a sandwich and a brew from one of Euro Streets selection of 20 draft beers and 150 bottled beers. German cars and good German beers, what more could you ask for!

Volkswagen Wednesdays (every Wednesday from 6-9pm)
European Street Cafe. Jacksonville Beach, 992 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32250

Last edited by scone on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I want to say thanks to everyone who made it out last Wednesday! For a first time meet I think it was a great turn out.
5 bugs
2 things
0 notches
1 passat
A little cold but not as cold as the middle burg boys ride home had to have been. Sorry no pics, my new camera battery is in the mail! European street was glad to have us so I guess that means we are on for next Wednesday!
Oh yeah and congratulations to Dave Unser on being old, 50 is it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scone wrote:
Well I want to say thanks to everyone who made it out last Wednesday! For a first time meet I think it was a great turn out.
5 bugs
2 things
0 notches
1 passat
A little cold but not as cold as the middle burg boys ride home had to have been. Sorry no pics, my new camera battery is in the mail! European street was glad to have us so I guess that means we are on for next Wednesday!

Why would you say 0 notches and not also 0 splits, 0 bays, 0 ghias....

Biased?
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

European Street Cafe is a great place with great food. Thier snakebites are good too! Wish I could make it down for one of these meets. Sounds like a good time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus wrote:
scone wrote:
5 bugs
2 things
0 notches
1 passat

Why would you say 0 notches and not also 0 splits, 0 bays, 0 ghias....

Biased?

No I just felt the need to publicly make fun of myself for not having mine up there. This works as a pretty good motivational tool for me. That and there was in fact 0 notches present...

You think If I started saying how man of things didn’t show up it would get more people to come out? Maybe I should just call them out by name? haha

NIMBUS Shocked Very Happy Cool
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH ! d'oh!
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davebuckholts wrote:
European Street Cafe is a great place with great food. Thier snakebites are good too! Wish I could make it down for one of these meets. Sounds like a good time.

If you guys or anyone else is coming down for Winter Jam from up north you should come to the meet on Feb the 18th, stay the night at my place and head down to Daytona in the morning.

If you think the snakebites good ask for a White Dog!

2/3 dog fish head 90min
1/3 hacker pschorr weiss

You can always flip the amounts around depending on your preference of hops/weiss. It's my own little concoction so you can’t ask for it anywhere else but that E street location.
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus wrote:
DOH ! d'oh!

It's cool man don't beat yourself up. The next meet is wednesday!! Twisted Evil Very Happy
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gunna be a cold one!

My camera battery still hasn't come in, so if anyone would like to be so kind as to bring a camera, I’d be much obliged!
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric just headed out to go again this week. He has your notch roofrack with him.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57Drag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word Exclamation
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday was the largest gathering yet with 8 cars in attendance! We had our first type 3 show up when Dave Unser brought out his '69 square. We also had our first Ghia make it when Donald and family made it out in the low light vert(sorry no pic’s). We even had a MKIII show up, but still no type 2’s….. Slackers. It was definitely warmer than the previous two meets, perfect for a little winter warmer porter.

Photos at http://www.oldcityoildrippers.blogspot.com/
57Drag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a fake lowlight Rolling Eyes Or transition year withever you prefer.All the lowlight parts without the cool vents and rear lights.
pblanco10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys whats up. I just ran into this thread this morning, I may try to make it out tonight if I am done getting my SC ready for Volksbast. Its going to be a chilly night too.
Brown_Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scone wrote:
, but still no type 2’s….. Slackers.

When Dave and Cory finish my Westy (Cryders Campers on the Vee Dub Dreams website) http://www.veedubdreams.com/Current_Projects.php, I will bring my bus by. Maybe I can pick it up on a Wednesday and celebrate with a nice IPA.

I am a bit south so I wont make it every time...
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Bus wrote:
scone wrote:
, but still no type 2’s….. Slackers.

When Dave and Cory finish my Westy (Cryders Campers on the Vee Dub Dreams website) http://www.veedubdreams.com/Current_Projects.php, I will bring my bus by. Maybe I can pick it up on a Wednesday and celebrate with a nice IPA.

I am a bit south so I wont make it every time...

Sounds good! Congrats on getting your bus all fixed up. I heard those guys at VW Dreams do a good job!? Wink

Current IPA line-up at E Street:
Great Divide - Hercules Double IPA
Weyerbacher - Double Simcoe IPA
Lost coast - Indica IPA

On rotation:
Sierra Nevada - IPA
Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA
Terrapin - Big Hoppy Monster IPA

and that's just the drafts!
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pblanco10 wrote:
Hey guys whats up. I just ran into this thread this morning, I may try to make it out tonight if I am done getting my SC ready for Volksbast. Its going to be a chilly night too.

Hope you can make it out man. It's definitely gunna be cold but thats what the beers for! Shocked Twisted Evil Very Happy
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might make it out tonight. If I do it will be after 7pm when the little one goes to bed.

I keep forgetting about this.

Plus, its a long 2 mile drive to European Street. Don't want to run up the miles on my recent restoration of my single cab. LOL..

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

57Drag wrote:
It is a fake lowlight Rolling Eyes Or transition year withever you prefer.All the lowlight parts without the cool vents and rear lights.

Why you gotta ruin my fun? That's why there where no pic's, I can say whatever I want and if there are no pics to disprove it I'll probably get away with it!

Speaking of lying, there's a chance of 3 barn doors, a '51 crotch cooler and a heb being at the meet tonight! Twisted Evil
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpribanic wrote:
I might make it out tonight. If I do it will be after 7pm when the little one goes to bed.

I keep forgetting about this.

Plus, its a long 2 mile drive to European Street. Don't want to run up the miles on my recent restoration of my single cab. LOL..

I saw the single up at that taco joint on beach last week. Did you talk to the owner of that bus that sits out front?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: