Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Info on Pirelli P-slot alloys without the P (Mk 2's?)
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wvukidsdoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Info on Pirelli P-slot alloys without the P (Mk 2's?) Reply with quote

Saw some very odd presumably Mk2 vintage alloys the other day and wondered if they ever came on a US vehicle. They were essentially Pirelli P-slots in 14" (which are already pretty uncommon in the US) but the slots were not P's, just 9 oval slots, exact dimensions of the P-slots, just no descender to form the P if you will, instead symmetric ovals. I sort of liked the look of them, and have a back burner old school '77 Scirocco project, but they had no center caps and they were pricey for an aged 14" VW alloy (should be about free) unless they are super rare. Had VW factory numbers on them, but I didn't write the down.

Wondered if anyone knew, I did not take a picture, but found a similar one online:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=14%22+vw+9+slot+all...6,s:0,i:91

(Sorry about that monster link.)

Anyone got a clue what/where these came? Similar were on early 90's Passats but these weren't exactly like those.

John
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember those wheels, and thought that they were OEM VW wheels,
and more common than the P-Wheels here in the US, but searching today says I'm wrong.
But the way to find these wheels is to just keep searching the net.
I use craigslist to find OEM wheels cheap, but these wheels are 20 years old,
and small by today's standards, so don't pay big money for them.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vedipus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be you were looking at circa '84-'87 Audi 5000 14" alloys. They have a 4x108mm bolt circle and won't fit VWs. The only other car that may have had wheels like that was the very rare 1986 (or '87?) Jetta GLI 2-door Wolfsburg Edition, or maybe that had the P wheels. Maybe you can research that car and find out. I don't have any literature on it.
zuhaelter_82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-Slots came most commonly on the Wofsburg Pirelli ed. cars. All of the 14" VW wheels had 8 slots and I honestly can't remember one with 9.
B5 V6 GLS
B7 TDI Passat SE
vedipus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: