Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1954 RHD Barndoor, field cart.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombicol wrote:
you going to fix the front suspension when you get done welding?
Looks like all the leaves in the beam are broken Wink

HA HA ,yes its like a tin toy you can wind it up ,and it winds down,cheers for the support mate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the bus is taking shape...keep up the good hard work..il be watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Cool Mad skills Very Happy
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
You've been busy, looking good!

hi there scotty,seen you but not met you, saw your barny at the vw action at santa pod 2009 ,love your van ,you going to bad camberg this year ,or should i say next month?and your crew?of barnys?
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

Hey there geezers, Any chance of getting manual diagram of R.H.D 54 barndoor ,Foot pedal assembly, brake down diagram? please if theres any out there? cheers.
Concept1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

limeybish wrote:
Hey there geezers, Any chance of getting manual diagram of R.H.D 54 barndoor ,Foot pedal assembly, brake down diagram? please if theres any out there? cheers.

From here http://oacdp.org/index.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

matthew smith1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a spare rhd brake pedal if you need one?/
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

Thanks there ken for your help ,as you know mine had been shipwrecked i got most of the bits but was wondering about the serclips washers and caps and order these went in ,the right hand drive set up is completely different to left hand drive set up.i bought a clutch pedal only to find out they are completely different,bottom shaft or shank is smaller than right hand drive,thanks again for your hel .This is the first time i've played with barndoors before ,things are a little different?in a lot of ways.
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

matthew smith1 wrote:
i have a spare rhd brake pedal if you need one?/

Thanks again matt for the offer ,i do have a brake pedal.cheers.
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone that has available the bronze bushings part number 9and 15...?my truck is in need of them badly..

Sorry for hijacking!

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
Is there anyone that has available the bronze bushings part number 9and 15...?my truck is in need of them badly..

Sorry for hijacking!
Gerson makes the pin and the bushings.
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

hi there guys ,Does anyone have part no 8 lying around that they would want to part with ? I know there aint many righties around but can any one help out?
Mine has split right down the angle piece,'spoke to an aluminum welder and he said its a shitty aluminum cast ,and would'nt weld that good , any answers?
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

Well things have been a bit slow ,thought i would be all pumped up when i got back from my holidays ,anyway i have been fiddling with the pedal assembly,and brake booster set up ,finished the rest on the beam and strengtheners to the beam ,also fitted a creative steering rack,hand brake and gear linkage,just awaiting on some bits and pieces for the front.adjusted the height again. Now she is rolling ,measured the drip rails and fitted rear and corners ,started the final prep on the roof and finished that ,until i fit it up ,still got a lot of work on the roof but not going to tackle this until the roof is on ,or in place . some cancer to be dealt with,but made the repair panels to do this. looks like i have not done much ,but all the fiddly bits take time.

as you can see the barndoor dash section is only losely fitted at the mo,coz of the creative steering rack ,the hole front has to come off again,when fitting the new a posts.
Concept1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is looking awesome! I wish I was able to scare up some free time this winter. I'd love to take a trip down there and help you weld on that roof. Like a WeldCation. Yes, that's my idea of fun. Laughing
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

Thanks there ken ,yeah that would be cool as you know its summer at xmas time ,long days and nights , i received the rest of my panels yesterday ,so head down, arse up ,can't wait to get this front organized,then the roof on. but it aint gonna be that quick though.lots of final adjustments and tinkering to be done.lets see how we go . Very Happy
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

Well as i said ,they did turn up ,the rest of the panels,so basically i have been stripping all the klassic fab panels to be able to put the front together,paint free,what a task ,that shit is thick as.but its all good ,i have inspected the quality of these panels and gerson you need the thumbs up ,outstanding craftsmanship. Very Happy ,now all i have to do is start putting the jigsaw puzzle together,I also received my parcel from the uk ,with my steering wheels and bits and pieces for the barny ,petrol tank bracket and down tube ,thanks to my old mate johnny danger .and bought some stuff of his mate ,mirror arms ,dash handle brackets and front badge,and bought some stuff at the peppercorn show ,just bits and pieces ,also got my mirror arm brackets ,for mirrors ,from tonny larson.what a great guy he is.loved your van.

All the stuff in photo has been sand blasted and primed,those $99 sandblasters do a great job from ebay.

I got this old 54/10 barndoor speedo from johnny as well ,taking a risk on this one not knowing the condition ,but when i opened her up ,all the gearing and cogs all work so ill have to recondition the thing, the face needs some work and find a needle for it ,does anyone know if anyone makes a face for these?might have to check into it.

A little crusty,but it works.

For all you guys out there thanks for all your support ,and yes i am a tattooist ,and this is a hobby for me ,not a full time job.I think there is light at the end of the tunnel? Very Happy
bill may
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good. small pictures tho' Very Happy

1965 panel bus-Kermit
"Camping is cheaper than therapy"
www.sv2s.com
www.steeringboxscrapers.net
SBS #100
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617
limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you tried to double clicking them?they come up for me ,thanks for your support. Very Happy
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 rhd barndoor ,feild cart.build up. Reply with quote

limeybish wrote:

Love the stance!
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
bill may
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limeybish wrote:
Hey you tried to double clicking them?they come up for me ,thanks for your support. Very Happy

duh. thanks. much better with double click. very nice.

1965 panel bus-Kermit
"Camping is cheaper than therapy"
www.sv2s.com
www.steeringboxscrapers.net
SBS #100
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: