Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MLB Fans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie shown to the door in Miami. Kinda expected that

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seats better be warmed and ready to go!! Section CL225 Row A Seats 1 and 2 have my name on it and tickets in hand!!!.............oh yeah Thank you work and the customer i'm taking Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:
Seats better be warmed and ready to go!! Section CL225 Row A Seats 1 and 2 have my name on it and tickets in hand!!!.............oh yeah Thank you work and the customer i'm taking Very Happy

I'll be freezing my ass off in the upper deck! Go Giants!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I have to work game 6 and 7 if it goes that far.........at the game! Cool
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a start to the Series! I t was LOUD in SF tonight.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-0 GIANTS! whodafunkit? loving every minute of it. i must have watched the 9th inning of the nlcs game 10 times now, loved that playing in the pouring rain, the suspense of the cardinals possible last minute rally! LOVE THE TORTURE! its whats us true fans have to deal with on a daily basis. wilson being gone, melky getting busted, casilla just getting through a goddamn innin, its insane! nothing puts you in suspense like giants baseball.

Matt Cain tomorrow!
DMNCLNR: i gave myself a boner

RIP HBB (1984-2009)
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm predicting that the Giants will win the World Series. (The fact that no team down 3-0 has come back to win the Series is beside the point.) Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawn. what a boring series.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
Been watchin this game all my life...the first time I saw the magic was the year my mother forgave baseball for taking her Dodgers from her...when Kranepool and Shamsky,Jones and Charles roamed Flushing Meadow and brought a Championship in '69...thats when I first saw it,when a group became a team,the sum of its parts..might be a little rash to say its happening again,when a club of good talent achieves greatness against the odds the way only baseball can do it...it just might be happening again..

damn,I called that one huh...shoulda went to Reno and loaded up on them..

aside to hazetguy...its only boring when you team aint in it...
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
yawn. what a boring series.

Pftttttttt.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
look, i get being excited because "your team" won. and congrats for that.
"my team" was out of it in spring training. so this season i shifted to watching teams that were playing well: the Nationals, Orioles, Detroit (was at that Verlander game vs. the Yankees in detroit, awesome), Oakland, even the Mets were fun to watch for a while. this season, for me, was more about watching good games rather than rooting for one team, because, again, "my team" sucked balls from the get go. sure, it was disappointing to watch "my team" go down in flames, and that doesn't mean i don't like them anymore. i like the game in general, not just necessarily being a fan of one team. that being said, GO PHILS!
i still thought the world series was boring (see first line of this post). yeah, if the giants are "your team", then it was probably fun to watch them beat the snot out of the tigers. for a baseball fan who wanted to see some good games to end out the year, except for a couple innings in game 4, and the accomplishment of Sandoval's 3 home runs in one game, it was a non memorable snooze-fest.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Rolling Eyes
look, i get being excited because "your team" won. and congrats for that.
"my team" was out of it in spring training. so this season i shifted to watching teams that were playing well: the Nationals, Orioles, Detroit (was at that Verlander game vs. the Yankees in detroit, awesome), Oakland, even the Mets were fun to watch for a while. this season, for me, was more about watching good games rather than rooting for one team, because, again, "my team" sucked balls from the get go. sure, it was disappointing to watch "my team" go down in flames, and that doesn't mean i don't like them anymore. i like the game in general, not just necessarily being a fan of one team. that being said, GO PHILS!
i still thought the world series was boring (see first line of this post). yeah, if the giants are "your team", then it was probably fun to watch them beat the snot out of the tigers. for a baseball fan who wanted to see some good games to end out the year, except for a couple innings in game 4, and the accomplishment of Sandoval's 3 home runs in one game, it was a non memorable snooze-fest.

The Giants been torturing their fans all year..the series isnt anything new. either eking out one run games or the fiasco of the first two against Cincinatti,where the bats went dead..I damn sure would have turned it off if I didnt follow them . Verlander?gimme Vogelsong any day..
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have enjoyed the two playoff series with the Giants vs. the Reds and the Cards as they clinched coming from behind when everyone (again) said they couldn't do it.

I enjoyed the A's run and Detroit killing the Yanks too but in general I prefer the NL. The stories within "The Story" of the Giants was what was the most memorable to for me. Would anyone have thought that it would be Zito that beat Verlander? or that Zito would pitch in the WS? Poseys comeback. Lincecum pitching from the bullpen?!!

It was a lopsided series and Detroit got their assas handed to them. It was nice to see Verlander, Cabrera and Fielder SHUT down.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the playoffs until my Cards lost. I watched the World Series but fell asleep when it was 3-3 in the final game. I'm glad SF won, that way it feels like the Cards were a pretty good team down the stretch and I think they could have beaten the Tigers. And SanFran was the team that deserved it and earned it.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
I enjoyed the playoffs until my Cards lost. I watched the World Series but fell asleep when it was 3-3 in the final game. I'm glad SF won, that way it feels like the Cards were a pretty good team down the stretch and I think they could have beaten the Tigers. And SanFran was the team that deserved it and earned it.

I wish you worked at ESPN. You might be the only guy on the East Coast who has said they deserved it rather than they were lucky.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/article.js...mp;c_id=sf

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Stanagon wrote:

I wish you worked at ESPN. You might be the only guy on the East Coast who has said they deserved it rather than they were lucky.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/news/article.js...mp;c_id=sf

From what I've been able to tell, it comes down to pitching. If your pitching can shut down some of the hottest bats at the end of the season, then the world series crown should be yours. It doesn't really matter where you are from...

although I grew up in the midwest and have been a lifelong Cards fan and was named after Stan the Man Musial.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifelong Giants fan....still have my BB cards with rookie Marichal, McCovey, and Cepeda. Wish I still had Mays' rookie card, but it went into my bicycle spokes with a lot of others...

Time to vent.....playing baseball in late October is ridiculous. Night games when the temp is in the low 40's (or worse) makes old farts like me cringe. It's all about the money, I know. But they should put the season back to where it was....ending in late September or early October. If this Series went 7 games, they would have been playing tomorrow, November 1st!

End of Rant Twisted Evil Wink

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...Florida has now dumped everyone they signed last year......enjoy Canada, Jose!

Quote:
According to FOX Sports, the Marlins will trade Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, John Buck, and Emilio Bonifacio, and Josh Johnson to the Blue Jays in exchange for Henderson Alvarez, Justin Nicolino, Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

it takes is 30 seconds to see why he was the best that ever was..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 29 of 41

Jump to: