Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MLB Fans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Strike 3... you're OUT

Mets Reliever Jenrry Mejia Permanently Barred From Major League Baseball

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/13/sports/baseball/....html?_r=0

The Mets are an interesting ballclub, NL champs..yet poorly managed with a roster chock full of idiots..they certainly are amazing..
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
Dwayne1m wrote:
I have an uncle who pitched in the majors back in the 60's ...

And his name is? I've got it narrowed down to four pitchers.

My guess is Carl Mathias... er, I mean "Who is Carl Mathias?" Alex.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Graysky starts off round 1 with the correct answer.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=mathia001car
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jmiddle204
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Here we go. Another season.
How about how dumb MLB was with having the Royals display their Championship banner and watching the highlights in front of the visiting Mets. Another reason to not have interleague play right off the bat.... Or at all.
James
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

LA Dodgers Opening day beat down on the Padres, 15-0. Kershaw 9K's in 7 innings. All of this not on TV, again. Going on 3 years of no TV. Congrats to Dodger ownership, Time Warner Cable...great work guys. Embarassed
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
LA Dodgers Opening day beat down on the Padres, 15-0. Kershaw 9K's in 7 innings. All of this not on TV, again. Going on 3 years of no TV. Congrats to Dodger ownership, Time Warner Cable...great work guys. Embarassed

I got that game here in Arizona, watched a few innings. Here Greinke gave up a lot of runs. On ESPN2 and I think also on my MLB Extra Innings. That's so dumb, not having them on TV; I've been to Dodger Stadium, good luck getting there and out after work - or even on a weekend !!!

And I'm pissed that I have to watch the Cardinals feed of tonight's Pirates' game !
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Quote:
On ESPN2 and I think also on my MLB Extra Innings.

Yes ESPN covered the game ... they blacked it out in LA too. Crying or Very sad

Greinke will be fine.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

There are ways around the blackout for $15 a month if you don't mind watching the Dodgers on your computer.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Yep,there are ways around the blackout...hope you found it yesterday when the Giants crushed them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTok7KMl7Hg

Hunter Pence goes yard for all the marbles...booyah...
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

I have been a Dodger fan for five decades, from early in the invention of the pocket transistor radio (smuggled into school). And Vin Scully is the best sportscaster ever. I take nothing away from those examples of excellence.

But the present Dodger management, and that of Time Warner, the monopolist for the channel which is itself a monopoly, are disgusting in their greed and arrogance. They signed an outrageous deal and the other carriers balked. We are into the third year of the stalemate, and now we will miss Vinny's FINAL year, after his history going all the way back to Brooklyn. Their pride and arrogance won't let them tear it up and start over.

I am sorry, Vinny, your team has let us both down. I can no longer call myself a Dodger fan. I am blacked out of all games, and the only source of your golden voice is occasional three innings on the radio, usually during work hours so I miss that, too.

The Dodgers don't want me to hear or watch their games, and I have no choice but to comply.

Fuck you, Dodger management, for spoiling the final chance to hear Vinny.

Maybe our returning Rams will get it. The Dodgers are about to lose the title of "LA's sports team" to them. And without Vinny, and with the sour taste in our mouths from your greed, we won't be coming back.

Truly disgraceful.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

^^^Your best post ever KTPhil.
Ownership payed too much to purchase the team (they were over-bidding themselves) and TWC overpaid for the "lack of distribution" deal. The $8+ billion has to sting TWC a little. I appreciate DirecTV starting the end of passing the buck of regional sports fees on to non sports watchers. I cant think of any other industry that sells their product like cable tv. Who else can get away with charging $100/mo for 180 channels, which sounds reasonable on the surface. Then you realize you only speak english and are paying for 40 Spanish, 5 Korean, 10 Chinese channels. You dont have kids yet are paying for 25 kids channels... I think the average number of channels one views is about 18. Id like to cut the cord but Im a sports watcher. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Maybe our returning Rams will get it.

I dont think so, I read early this week the least expensive (cheapest) tickets will start at $360 a seat. At least they will be on TV, wont they?
Its a corporate sports world.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe our returning Rams will get it.

I dont think so, I read early this week the least expensive (cheapest) tickets will start at $360 a seat. At least they will be on TV, wont they?
Its a corporate sports world.[/quote]

$360 is for season tickets. I'll still pass on the offer.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I have been a Dodger fan for five decades, from early in the invention of the pocket transistor radio (smuggled into school). And Vin Scully is the best sportscaster ever. I take nothing away from those examples of excellence.

But the present Dodger management, and that of Time Warner, the monopolist for the channel which is itself a monopoly, are disgusting in their greed and arrogance. They signed an outrageous deal and the other carriers balked. We are into the third year of the stalemate, and now we will miss Vinny's FINAL year, after his history going all the way back to Brooklyn. Their pride and arrogance won't let them tear it up and start over.

I am sorry, Vinny, your team has let us both down. I can no longer call myself a Dodger fan. I am blacked out of all games, and the only source of your golden voice is occasional three innings on the radio, usually during work hours so I miss that, too.

The Dodgers don't want me to hear or watch their games, and I have no choice but to comply.

Fuck you, Dodger management, for spoiling the final chance to hear Vinny.

Maybe our returning Rams will get it. The Dodgers are about to lose the title of "LA's sports team" to them. And without Vinny, and with the sour taste in our mouths from your greed, we won't be coming back.

Truly disgraceful.

Welcome to the dark side..fuck Vin Scully,Tommy Lasorda ,hell fuck farmer john all beef franks..now,reach deep and just once in a while wear a little black,then a little orange..then wear them both at the same time ....yeah...soon you'll be there,full Hummbaby,marveling at the amazing size of Bruce Bochys cranium and wondering if Buster Posey is so fucking square he snuck behind the barn to chew gum as a boy...yeah,yeah..you'll find the Kershaw side waning and the Bumgarner side increasing,with a renewed sense of strength and vigor you'll crave garlic fries and Gordon Biersch lager...wont be long before a Giants dog crosses your lips... then your soul shall be ours Dodgerboy..

In fact,tonight at 730 you can begin by watching the Dodgers play your new found team, the World Series champions three of the last six years...no wait,its probably blacked out huh..Sorry about your fucked up Dodger luck..
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

^^^LOL good stuff. Smile
I work with Brandon Crawfords mother in law. In year 2 of the BLACKOUT i asked her for some SF gear to replace my dodger lid with the red stripe thru the LA. Cool
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
^^^LOL good stuff. Smile
I work with Brandon Crawfords mother in law. In year 2 of the BLACKOUT i asked her for some SF gear to replace my dodger lid with the red stripe thru the LA. Cool

baby steps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JPa2mvSQ4

wont be long now....
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Good thing that was blacked out in LA,Dave Roberts pulled Stripling with five outs to go for a no hitter in his major league debut...a few pitches later Roberts gets tossed over pitches and the Giants walk off in the tenth. You don't handle men like Roberts did,it fucking kills their spirit and hurts the team....all bullshit aside..
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Orioles fan since 1968 here. So when the O's failed to sign any big name pitchers during the off season I questioned GM Dan Duquette's approach. Looks like he decided to go with big bats instead of suspect pitching arms since no real ace was out there to be had. Seems like the O's, and the rest of baseball, suffer from lack of any consistent shutdown pitching. Is it possible that teams can't do any better then 1 ace and the rest of the staff is mediocre? Maybe loading up on bats is the way to go. O's are 4-0 so far and hit 4 HR's Friday night against Tampa.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

Stripling is coming off arm surgery. He had a 100 pitch count going into the game. Roberts yanked him at 100. I was pretty happy about the walk off...and coming back from 5 down in the 1st on Sunday was pretty sweet too. Dodger starting pitching, after Kershaw is very suspect.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/05/07/video-mets-pitcher-bartolo-colon-home-run

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joey2face
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB Fans Reply with quote

What the hell happened to Jake jake peavy? I don't think he could even be a reliable minor league pitcher anymore.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 32 of 41

Jump to: