Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear heater channel section on 1955 Oval
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Rear heater channel section on 1955 Oval Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I got a 1955 oval rag that I have taken the body off the pan to replace the rear sections of the heater channels that are under the back seat area. This is the only section of the channel that is bad, my question is, do they sell just this section of channel? Everywhere I look , it looks like I have to buy the whole channel.

It is the whole rounded section under the back seat.

Also, does anyone sell those heat canister looking boxes that attach to this section?

Please let me know,

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SergeK7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfparts makes the left+right crossmembers you are looking for. They are niiiice!!

http://www.wolfparts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=88

I've seen some heated air muffler canisters in the classifieds. Have a look!
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SergeK7 wrote:
Wolfparts makes the left+right crossmembers you are looking for. They are niiiice!!

http://www.wolfparts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=88

I've seen some heated air muffler canisters in the classifieds. Have a look!

What currency is that in?? Sorry if I am a dumb ass. But man those cross members look mint! I actually need the end of the heater channels that buts against the cross member.

cv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think anyone just sells the rear section Chris. Best to go on the hunt for a used one, someone cutting up an oval. But be careful, as you probably know the back end of the heater channel bottom rusts out before anything else typically, and from the inside out. Even if it "looks" good from the outside, it may be paper thin......

You can get just the rear section of the channel bottom from Wolfparts. He's in Sweden, but his site has a button to show currency in USD also...

Good luck...

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
Don't think anyone just sells the rear section Chris. Best to go on the hunt for a used one, someone cutting up an oval. But be careful, as you probably know the back end of the heater channel bottom rusts out before anything else typically, and from the inside out. Even if it "looks" good from the outside, it may be paper thin......

You can get just the rear section of the channel bottom from Wolfparts. He's in Sweden, but his site has a button to show currency in USD also...

Good luck...

Oh yeah no question, I ordered the heat channel bottoms already and we have been fabricating the rear rounded heater channel section. Just thought someone had them. Thanks for all your help.

Chris
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: