Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intermittently dying van, while driving
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNitschke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Intermittently dying van, while driving Reply with quote

Yesterday I was driving on the lougheed hwy and while I was taking my exit the van lost power and came back on. This was a matter of seconds. About 500 meters later the van just flat out died. So I tried starting it (10 seconds on and 15 off) to not burn out the starter. Pumping the accelerator did help it finally roar to life at 3000 rpm. With the foot on the break and still revving it at around 2000 rpm now, I shifted into gear and rocketed off!

So what happened? I know that I did get the fuel filter replaced about two months ago and it's been having a similar problem, but not that it just dies completely, just a loss of power occasionally. And about 1 month ago I did the fuel lines, hard and soft. Could it be a problem with fuel delivery or spark?

Thanks for reading!

Joey
schoonerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the connections at the Hall sender on the distributor...I had the same problem.
Good luck
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: