Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Jamboree Aug. 20, 2011
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aka pip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: VW Jamboree Aug. 20, 2011 Reply with quote

Event Date: SUNDAY August 8th
Event Times: 10am-6pm
Tickets: $20 General Admission & $35 VIP Admission (includes all day ride passes)

Venue
Hidden Valley Event Park, Irvine, CA. The venue was once a Wild Animal Theme Park called Lion Country Safari Park. It actually shares the same parking lot as VW Classic, just hidden away in the corner, thus it's name Hidden Valley. The park was shut down in the late 70's and the land was preserved by the Irvine Company. The original man made lake, tiki hut's, bridges, amphitheater and other structures were also preserved and ever since the venue has been primarily used for corporate events and used as a sumemer camp with limited use for a few annual events. The venue is second to none and provides the perfect backdrop for a car show with it's winding roads, tree's and tons and tons of grass for car display's.

Food & Drinks
Over 10 food vendors will be brought in featuring Smokey's BBQ, Kogi Beef Wagon, Mexican food, Hamburgers & Hot Dog's, German food, Asian and more and more BBQ. Each vendor is able to handle their share of the crowds, so there will be no long lines or waits and everyone will be able to get to food easily & have their choice of the wide variety of it.

Bathrooms
There are existing bathroom facilities (non porto let) and plenty of porto let style restrooms available. No fighting to get into a bathroom and if you absolutely have to have somethin other than the porto let's regular bathrooms are available.

Seating & Shade
Over 400 seats are available in the centralzed Oktoberfest Garden that are completely shaded. This area is located next to the food court so you can easily get your food and drinks and then take a load off while listening to our Authentic German bands. In addition to those 400 seats, there is scattered seating throughout the venue all in shaded locations that will seat another 200 and if you want, you can simply sit on the grass under any one of the hundreds of tree's and picnic.

Entertainment
The event will feature two stages. The main stage will featue local 80's and 90's covere bands playing throughout the day. The main stage wil also feature the bikini contest. The other stage is located in the Oktoberfest Garden and will feature Authentic German bands and music playing throughout the day.

Carnival
The carnival area featrures paddle boats to go out on the man made lake, Ferris Wheel, Rock O' Plane, Rock Climbing Wall, Go Kart track, Kiddie planes, cars and other kiddie carnival rides. Games will also be available along with pace painters and playground area. As you can see, we have a number of rides for adults and children.

Old Skool BMX Show
They just do not make BMX Bikes like they used to. This Old Skool BMX show that has bee happening for the past 5 year's is now being integrated into our event. Come re-live your youth by checking out this attraction

Collectibles & Swap Meet
At our show we blend it all together to create one mega event. Along the main walkway surrounded by tiki huts and the lake will be the collectibles fair. In the back of the venue near most of the car displays wil; be our swap meet.

Vendor Midway
Nearly 100 vendors will be on display ranging from the best shops to the best manufacturers, collectibles and swap vendors

Judged Competition
Finally, a real judged competition to determine who has the best rides out there today. This is not a popularity contest and it is not a contest that is given little thought or meaning. Our judges are top notch and they are maticulous and unbiased in their mission to provide the highest quality judged show there is.

Official Emcee
Dyno Don

MTV2
Our show will be filmed by Funkmaster Flex for his new show called Full Throttle on MTV2.

http://www.vwjamboree.com/

Last edited by aka pip on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sick!! i have to go to that one and debut my 56
maybe bring my jmc

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ed Economy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: A real old school type VW show Reply with quote

Really looking forward for this event… So many things to do Bikini contest, Collectibles & Swap Meet, Bikini contest, Smokey's BBQ, Kogi Beef, Mexican food, Bikini contest, BMX Bikes, Bikini contest, Car display's. Bikini contest. This is why we live in Cali nothing but fun in the sun.
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there gonna be a Bikini contest? Very Happy
Real judging! Might just hit this one up!

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tirekicker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool stuff with the bmx show.

(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
aka pip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmy1 wrote:
sick!! i have to go to that one and debut my 56
maybe bring my jmc

Bring'em boy!
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aka pip can you IM me the vendor space costs to me? Wink

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
53fold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: A real old school type VW show Reply with quote

Ed Economy wrote:
Really looking forward for this event… So many things to do Bikini contest, Collectibles & Swap Meet, Bikini contest, Smokey's BBQ, Kogi Beef, Mexican food, Bikini contest, BMX Bikes, Bikini contest, Car display's. Bikini contest. This is why we live in Cali nothing but fun in the sun.

thats what im saying every thing in one spot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DBK....so.cal....nor.cal...florida....las vegas... germany...france...uk..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HENRY'S 51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: dbk Reply with quote

It's going to be a great show..!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Itawayoflife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a real "show"!

I like the fact that it's not just show cars and swapmeet. Keep the people's interest! Can't wait to see this. Very Happy
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: A real old school type VW show Reply with quote

Ed Economy wrote:

One track mind! Laughing
greenmachine1969
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to this show I hope all my DHK brothers will come with me sounds like it will be a nice day.
91DOKA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a VW toy collectible row! Me first in line Laughing
If you consider i would gladly donate my time to organize.
BIGHMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OgCalLook wrote:

I hope that my hero, former high school classmate (1983-84, Erikson Center, Tarzana, CA) and sole role model in the entertainment business (I am a musician), the iconic Cindy Margolis herself (the most downloaded woman on the internet) will be one of the judges in that, believe me, if anybody knows about bikinis and bikini contests, it would be Cindy Margolis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

......there is going to be a bikini contest? Shocked
91DOKA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGHMW wrote:
OgCalLook wrote:

I hope that my hero, former high school classmate (1983-84, Erikson Center, Tarzana, CA) and sole role model in the entertainment business (I am a musician), the iconic Cindy Margolis herself (the most downloaded woman on the internet) will be one of the judges in that, believe me, if anybody knows about bikinis and bikini contests, it would be Cindy Margolis.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!
fresno james
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it, But my only dilema is what "whip" am I gonna drive to the show ... Laughing Wink
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can't wait !!!! Sounds like it is gonna be a killer show !!! Shocked Cool
We'll be there in something vw..... Razz
Lance Gregory
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volkswagen Racer Relief will be there Please send me Vendor info. Once more I will pass the word along to the PRA racers to bring the baddest race cars down and show as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kidvintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Jamboree Aug. 8 (Killer Location) Filmed by MTV2 Reply with quote

aka pip wrote:

Food & Drinks
Over 10 food vendors will be brought in featuring Smokey's BBQ, Kogi Beef Wagon, Mexican food, Hamburgers & Hot Dog's, German food, Asian and more and more BBQ. Each vendor is able to handle their share of the crowds, so there will be no long lines or waits and everyone will be able to get to food easily & have their choice of the wide variety of it.

Thats what I'm talking about PIP.......hopefully the people in charge of the Classic get their shit together and follow your example when it comes to providing food & drink for a big event.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bustoration.com will be there hopefully showing the 60 swivel seat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: