Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Twin Pulley Cable System
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant Wait!!!!!

slowtwitch wrote:
Hi folks, I cleaned up the prototype... Here are some pictures.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

more to come....

Smile
slowtwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, First of my apologies, for the delays on this new system. I have all the mechanical aspects of the design worked out. I wrote all the code for the machines for it...The issue I have right now is cost. The setup you see in the above pics, would bring the cost of the system to about $350.00. I really don't want to go that high...

My goal is to design a product that would be in the same price range as the original SyncLink and I think I have come up with a way. It will resemble the setup in the above pics, but, would be more cost effective. I have a long weekend at home this week and I hope to have something machined by this weekend. Actually, count Thursday out, as I'll be eating some turkey and watching the Eagles-Cowboys game Very Happy

hang in there
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great Pete. And is about perfect timing for me. I have a set of CBs space saver manifolds and IDFs[reverses carbs so adjusting screws are towards fan shroud] Looks like it may work by taking the right carb and putting it on the left. and the left carb on the right[the one with 2 cables] and using a little longer cable to throttle pedal. Any of you eagle eye sharper type guys see a problem with this plan? The reason for doing this is because there is space issues with my engine cage and carb" hats" that will be attached to intake piping [like a turbo] and a Donaldson air filter.Trying to prevent water/mud intrusion into carbs on a off road car.
what do you guys think go/no go??
Terry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryly wrote:
That looks great Pete. And is about perfect timing for me. I have a set of CBs space saver manifolds and IDFs[reverses carbs so adjusting screws are towards fan shroud] Looks like it may work by taking the right carb and putting it on the left. and the left carb on the right[the one with 2 cables] and using a little longer cable to throttle pedal. Any of you eagle eye sharper type guys see a problem with this plan? The reason for doing this is because there is space issues with my engine cage and carb" hats" that will be attached to intake piping [like a turbo] and a Donaldson air filter.Trying to prevent water/mud intrusion into carbs on a off road car.
what do you guys think go/no go??
Terry

I'm pretty sure Jake Raby was able to run the originaly style sync-link on a set of reverse installed carbs. You could do the same thing on a car with heater outlets with the original style system.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete - for the quality of those parts, I see no problem with a $350 price tag. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$350 is not bad at all. Hell I send ya that right now. After seeing a Sync Link on a frends rail, the cost is worth not having to fiddle with crossbar linkage anymore. I am not saying crosbar is bad just a bit more finiky to set up.
slowtwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple more teaser pics Very Happy The throttle bodies are from "theDubshop", very nice tb's. The crossover cable could be trimmed a bit, but, you get the idea Very Happy

Here's a closeup.....

You will notice a slot at the adjuster. There are slots cut into both right and left brackets. Because the accelerator cable does not go through the shroud with this setup, this will allow engine removal without pulling the accelerator cable, as was required with the standard system.

Lastly, if you look at the bottom pic..... imagine that it's an IDF or DRLA carb. and all you had to do was put your own breather base on top of the the setup.... that is what I'm thinking of doing to bring down the price.

Naturally, I will offer also offer the billet breather base and top version Very Happy
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
imagine that it's an IDF or DRLA carb. and all you had to do was put your own breather base on top of the the setup.... that is what I'm thinking of doing to bring down the price.

Great idea!!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wonderin' why in your ad you say . . . "Lastly, this system is to be use on off road and show vehicles only."
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

57BLITZ wrote:
just wonderin' why in your ad you say . . . "Lastly, this system is to be use on off road and show vehicles only."

It's a liability clause. If you get into a accident on a public road and it's linked to the linkage then he's not liable.

Most aftermarket and/or high performance parts have that statement.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PASHN8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Any update on these?

1957 11-Window Split Bus
1954 3-fold Sunroof Oval Beetle

*** Looking for '56 Porsche T1 356A 1300 engine no. 22373 ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
slowtwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks, I have a couple kits out there being tested by some reliable folks. I'm waiting to hear feedback....hopefully it's good Very Happy
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete sent a new system my way and I'll be installing it next week. This is a welcome thing for the vehicle that it'll be used on, that has an AC compressor that does not allow Sync link to be used in standard form without interference. For the last 3 years I used the system behind the carbs, facing the firewall. This worked, but it really sucked to install and work with.

The new mounting provisions should solve all of that.
"I've never given anyone Hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was Hell"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 step closer
Howard 111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a very clean set up, and looks like it would work very well.
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to buy a setup for the Dellorto DRLA to be a test pilot for the linkage on the type3's

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
gdando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,
Good morning. As I rebuild my 2110 again. I am not running a fresh air fan shroud however I would like to know if your linkage will clear the Gilmore AC compressor stand with CB EFI. Thank you

Gene

http://www.shoptalkforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=120800&highlight=
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uncovered the engine and car for the summer and remembered this was one of the things I wanted before I put the engine in. It was at the top of the list again so I have to ask any date yet on when these might be ready? The moneys burning a hole in my pocket. LOL
Oldgit
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowtwitch wrote:
Hello Folks, I just wanted to post this pic...

It's a crude prototype of the SyncLink System for engines with heat ducts. The good news is that it works Smile

I have all the parts drawn in CAD and all the code needed for the CNC. I'm going to try and have a finished setup in about a week or two.

This new system will consist of a new breather base (similar to the one above). The accelerator cable (the one on the left) will not go through the fan housing (see pic), as did the original SyncLink. There will also be a slot in the bracket to, so that the accelerator cable can be disconnected and put aside (instead of pulling the cable all the way through)..making engine removal easier.

Oh and here's another view....as you can see plenty of room from the ducts Smile

This setup is universal and will work with both Weber IDF and Delortto DRLA carbs. At least that's what my CAD program is showing me..lol.

It may even work on Type 3's with IDF/DRLA carbs Smile

Lastly, I apologize for the delays in getting something for you folks with heat, it's tough sometimes to get these old brain cells moving Smile

I also wanted thank all the people who have purchased, supported and gave me input... it means alot Smile

Thanks a lot slowtwitch as this will help me a lot since i have both IDF and DRLA carbs and a fan shroud with heater ducks.
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant Idea on the availability date? Hey the old lady left me all I have left is a cat dog and my Bug. Its going to be a good summer. This is high on the needed parts list
Oldgit
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: