Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know anywhere that sells pure hubs for for BJ spindles? Im looking to try and fab up a conversion kit for some different front breaks and having ready made spindles instead of having to turn them out of drums/disks myself would make my life quite a bit simpler so I figured I would ask
owdlvr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end? Reply with quote

Not something that you can easily find / buy that I'm aware of (have done various brake conversions on each of my cars). The most common is to modify a 944 front hub. Lanner Engineering does it, not sure how active he still is. I realize that isn't very helpful, but you aren't going to be able to just click an online-catalog item and "buy now".

-D
1958 Beetle
1975 Beetle
1973 Super Beetle
1993 C3500 with Cummins swap
1967 MGB
1963 MG Midget
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end? Reply with quote

Check with buggy shops. I know I can buy rear brake hubs for JAMAR brakes. Maybe they have something for the front brakes, I've never looked but their front brakes have individual hubs also

brad
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end? Reply with quote

owdlvr wrote:
Not something that you can easily find / buy that I'm aware of (have done various brake conversions on each of my cars). The most common is to modify a 944 front hub. Lanner Engineering does it, not sure how active he still is. I realize that isn't very helpful, but you aren't going to be able to just click an online-catalog item and "buy now".

-D

Unfortunately, as far as I understand, part of modifying the 944 hub is to make custom bearing races. I would have gone this route and just gotten a dozen, but I wasnt able to get it set up. Thats realy the reason I am looking to do this myself tbh.

slalombuggy wrote:
Check with buggy shops. I know I can buy rear brake hubs for JAMAR brakes. Maybe they have something for the front brakes, I've never looked but their front brakes have individual hubs also

brad

Thats a real good shout. Looks like there are actualy quite a few options if you look up buggys instead of just "vw". TYVM for the help
ashman40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel hubs (not drums or disks) for BJ beetle front end? Reply with quote

Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.dansperformanceparts.com/sand/sand-brakes/front-spindle-hubs.html
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

4x130mm bolt pattern which fit over BJ spindles. No provisions for brakes. The above link also has wide-5 hubs, not sure they will fit BJ spindles.
'67 Beetle #1 {project car that never made it to the road Sad }
'75 Beetle 1200LS (RHD Japan model) {junked due to frame rot}
'67 Beetle #2 {2019 project car - Wish me luck!}
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: