Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recommend trunk liner replacement for '64
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beez78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Recommend trunk liner replacement for '64 Reply with quote

I wanted to replace the trunk liner and wire cover on my 1964 Beetle and from the searches I have conducted all recommend Wolfsburg West. Problem is they are out of stock and have no idea when they will be getting more. That being said, are there any other suppliers that have similar quality liners that anyone has experience with? I would love to get a nice clean new one in there as the old one is torn to pieces.
ThorpS18
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a parts dealer that has them.

http://www.eisparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
61SNRF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Coast Metric shows liner as 111-509C in their catalog for $36.95. Cover (plastic) 113-515C for $15.70. Can't say if they have them in stock though.
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the wiring cover, the standard black plastic replacement will do the job but looks cheap and nasty to me. If you want to consider something a bit more robust, consider fibreglass. I got one from http://www.swfabrication.com/, trading as mts678 in the Classifieds here. It's a nice piece. Some final shaping required to make it fit my '65 but nothing extreme. Looks well. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Beez78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks for the info. Nice call for the wire cover. Mine is shot. I ordered a fiberglass one. Seems like it will be pretty durable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: