Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DRLA 36's on 2.0 TYP IV motor...jetting. Current vs PROPOSED
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what the jetting is, the engine will let you know what it wants and needs. You just have to invest time into it, pay attention and be patient. What i do and this has worked exceedingly well for me is jet it baseline to formula : idles intake valve x 1.5, main is 4 x vent size ( id use a modifier of 4.1 for your 2.0), and 180 air. I note operational characteristics and compare to a handful of personal parameters i rate jetting on according to response and performance. Then i start jetting down. Working on idle circuit first, then compare transition and then jet mains. I compare plug readings along the way and in the end, i jet to get best performance and best mpg.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udidwht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Joe,

then tell me why 17:1 runs cooler than 13:1 A/F? Since lean is so hot of course....... And 18:1 is cooler still......

EGT's

In a light ACVW one can get away with a leaner burn (under load or WOT). In a bus that's a different story.

Define pig rich? I'll give one a hint...it isn't 13:1

Max power is ~ 12.5 AFR
71mm Stroke
73 Web Cam w/Web solids
Dual 40mm IDF Webers - LM-2 - 47.5 idles/125 mains/190 air corr./F11 tubes/28mm Vents - Float height 10.45mm/Drop 32mm
Bosch SVDA w/Pertronix module (7.5 initial 28 total @ 3400rpm)
Bosch W8CC plugs
Pertronix Flamethrower 40K coil
S&S 4-1 w/Walker QP 17862
3 rib 002 Trans
185R14 Hankook tires
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: