Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Score! '55 Oval
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
briyenkieth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Score! '55 Oval Reply with quote

so i was keeping my mouth shut till it was in the garage. just picked up a 55 oval!! super excited to say the least. traded away my 67 dart convertible project to get it and dont regret one moment. dragged it home and threw in a new battery and some gas and the damned thing fired right up!! its registered and only needs the brakes done. the rubber hoses have almost turned to dust. will post a few pics asap. btw its black w/ red interior. Very Happy
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics. You can't do that to us........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
briyenkieth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry didnt take any yet. soon though i promise. seems pretty legit, its an early 55 so its got rib doors and hearts and simiphores, bullets... only missing a few odds and ends. brackets for the hearts, t handle for the deck lid, hood latch, rear view mirror and the biggie, a gas cap. its the giant mouth gas tank and from what im seeing they are exspensive. oh and the cap to the brake resivoir, but not much else.
ricky.santillan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: score!! Reply with quote

briyenkieth wrote:
so i was keeping my mouth shut till it was in the garage. just picked up a 55 oval!! super excited to say the least. traded away my 67 dart convertible project to get it and dont regret one moment. dragged it home and threw in a new battery and some gas and the damned thing fired right up!! its registered and only needs the brakes done. the rubber hoses have almost turned to dust. will post a few pics asap. btw its black w/ red interior. Very Happy

Cool. I traded in a 70 Mach 1 project too to get my 57 Oval. I just love them beetles and the way they drive. Not a fan of a boat no more.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: score!! Reply with quote

Should not have Bullets and Semaphores. Get us some pictures! 55's are cool.
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE SCORE! I just recently got an early 55' too. Sounds like if we put the two of ours together....we'd have one car! There's lots of threads on here, but if it's a U.S. Version...you should have semaphores and egg tail lights. Euro version.... hearts and semaphores.

Unfortunately...like everything else...I jumped into my 55' not knowing ANYTHING about ovals... Shocked Soooo....the search goes on for early 55' parts....

Get some pics on here!! Very Happy
Scott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: score!! Reply with quote

briyenkieth wrote:

Bastard!!! Twisted Evil You dirty dawgtabulous!! Twisted Evil Thats awesome.. Good for you brotha!! Enjoy the ride.. post them pics.. Once again congrats... Cool
I gave my oval a nasty look. Money hungry bitch....

(Delilah) http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319235

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=

1954 Parts Book (CD PDF) PM TO INQUIRE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FRK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Cool

if its early May or earlier it should have semaphores if its later than that it should have bullets unless its a euro model.

Pictures man or it didn't happen!!! Laughing
50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRK wrote:
Congrats!! Cool

if its early May or earlier it should have semaphores if its later than that it should have bullets unless its a euro model.

Whats up Frank?? Went down to F&J.. and seen the 55 Vert.. Looking good brotha.. I snapped some pics... but just for personal use and reference.. not for display... Cant wait to be where your at.. well atleast driveable.. You take care, and talk to you soon..

Ray

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FRK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valentinesr wrote:
FRK wrote:
Congrats!! Cool

Whats up Frank?? Went down to F&J.. and seen the 55 Vert.. Looking good brotha.. I snapped some pics... but just for personal use and reference.. not for display... Cant wait to be where your at.. well atleast driveable.. You take care, and talk to you soon..

Ray

Thanks Ray!!

See you soon.
50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ARTIFACT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the club. Good luck with the parts search

drscope wrote:
The older car has 10 to 20 years more experiance in figuring out how to piss you off! the newer cars are still learning.
rud helsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we get some pictures? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome, Congratulations I have a June 3 55 U.S. had it for 20+ years and may drive it again this year,first time since the late 80's

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtb7001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are those pics ! Wink
briyenkieth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the lack of pics i've been to busy getting it together to take any.

robbed the brakes out of my 66 project and put them in as well as new quarter glass seals. installed the head lights and the door panels. actually i'm having a problem getting the door handels on. seems like they dont go in far enuff to get the pin into the seat. any thoughts? they arent the originals, they look like later handles. also a few odds and ends like the hood prop and little crap like that.

i read here some where that bullets were an option early in 55, and its a euro car.

rest asured it does exist and i will post pics asap. hell i'll take some tonight and post them tomorrow. wont be to exciting sitting on jack stands....
Louis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on! pictures!!

come on here and tease everyone Smile ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
briyenkieth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
sorry for just one but i was in a hurry to get to work. more to come. just need to stop by my friends and pick up my smoothies, front drums and the petcock lever, then i'm on the road. damn it i still need to get keys made!!!
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go.. thats the fix we all needed.. awesome score brotha.. K.. go ahead and attach the pictures of the:

Front
Back
Both Sides
Interior
Trunk Area
& Engine..and... Laughing

lol.. Im playin.. Or am I.. At least we got one..

Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the locals are getting restless - more pics! Very Happy

Love the black and red. OG Paint or a respray? Interior pics pretty please!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
briyenkieth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but i've been super busy. the black is a respray but also the o.g. color. there was some blue under the top coat of black. interior wise i'm not sure what color was o.g. i do know its not the stock covers though. its had an apron job up front and a passenger side rear qurter panel. also got something going on with the pass side door. the jamb was thick with bondo. ground it out but didnt really see any damage. door closes better now. it needs some attention in the pass side heater channel and bulkhead but not to serious. still not sure what all the bondo is about, maybe a p/o tried to mold it in. folks did strange things back in the day. who knows?? poor car is in need of paint so bad, its peeling off in sheets.

dont hate me for this but i was forced to run 62- 67 tail lights for now. the heart lights didnt come with the brackets. so for now i robbed even more parts off the 66 project. i used the fenders and all so that i wouldnt need to drill into the oval fenders for those lights. its funny how i was happy to have them for my 66 but on the oval their just butt ugly!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: