Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Problem with Top Down
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikkoleto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Problem with Top Down Reply with quote

I have a unique Problem I think, When I put the top down, the Frame does NOT sit even. I do have The Thing Shops Heavy duty Frame with their convertible top. Does anyone has any pics showing how the roof should look and sit when the top it down, so the folded roof sits level?
Ferretkona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have part of the top in between a joint. If not I would make comparison measurements and make sure the frame is symmetrical. There should be enough looseness that it should lay flat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you are folding down properly?

Link

It may need some "precussive maintenance"

Link

Nikkoleto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I am folding the top right. Let me see if I can explain it right. I cant think of the right terminology. When I fold the frame down, one side of the rubber plug that fits in a hole in the body and the other side of the frame sits on the "rim" that has the black beading. Does that make sense? When the frame is folded down is it supposed to sit on the body or sit on the frame that has the beading?

See pic
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: