Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam wrote:
I kinda got a vibe the announcers were making fun of VW's alittle bit when they said how much the 21W went for and then they all chuckled and said something about hippies wondering where they left their buses or something. Did you noticed how they never show VW's on TV? There was that one part with the 21W for like 10 seconds and that was it... they didnt even bother to show the bidding or any other VW's.

They need more time to show '69 Camaros!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
MAYHEM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ho-dad wrote:
Adam wrote:
I kinda got a vibe the announcers were making fun of VW's alittle bit when they said how much the 21W went for and then they all chuckled and said something about hippies wondering where they left their buses or something. Did you noticed how they never show VW's on TV? There was that one part with the 21W for like 10 seconds and that was it... they didnt even bother to show the bidding or any other VW's.

And all the Mopars.

johnnypan wrote:
I digitize myself in the privacy of my own home.
cherokee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYHEM wrote:
ho-dad wrote:
Adam wrote:

And all the Mopars.

That is all the idiots want to see. Last week I went to see a '76 Trans Am guy wanted $4000 for what was a $2000 at best car. It did not run, interior was trashed, rear sub frame rot big time. I just walked away. He wanted to know what I would offer and when I told him he said that they went for $40,000 of BJ. Well yea but your car needs $10,000 in just parts to make it to where I don't have to push it home and get a tetanus shot after sitting in it. I am not sure it would have been worth wile to try to save this car, I think it was just a parts car to tell the truth, but I doubt anything will ever come of it....thanks BJ for at best taking a car that could be saved off the market, and at worse a car that had some good parts that could have lived on.
CafeRouge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endicott jb wrote:
If they are gonna advertise those busses as restored, the least they could have done was put correct engines in them. I could be wrong but a 63/64 bus should have a 1200 engine not a 1600. And a 56 sc should have a 36 horse. And on top of that, the bus should not be carpeted. but, it does say the bus is "custom."

Yes..."CUSTOM" translates to "We don't know what we're taking about with this particular vehicle and we don't want dead air so we will go to commercial or blabber on about nothing" Go figure...they will showcase a $20,000 american car on air at length, but a higher priced vw get's the commercial. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CafeRouge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYHEM wrote:
ho-dad wrote:
Adam wrote:

And all the Mopars.

The interesting thing that most people don't realize is that

A) most "hippies" couldn't afford to buy a new bus when they were introduced.
B) they were priced higher because of the American government imposing tarifs/taxes on imports to protect the domestic manufacturers. I guess they were scared of the vw! lol Laughing

Nothing peeves me more then people saying "oh look at the hippie bus!"...well this "hippie bus" is worth more then your shity mini van (no offense to mini van owners on the board)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtb7001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CafeRouge wrote:
...well this "hippie bus" is worth more then your shity mini van (no offense to mini van owners on the board)

My 401K is parked in the garage..
That black 21w has a red pinstripe to match the wheels, fugly.
The 56SC has a chrome grab handle, might as well chrome the brake handle and the steering column, oops then it would get mixed up with the american iron.
And if you wanna sell me a $110,000 bus FIX THE F"IN MIRROR, it's drooping.
OHHH the humanity.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a seller at B/J, you have to PAY to have your car televised. Did you know that?. Most VW owners rolling the bones at B/J hoping for a high $$ sale aren't willing to risk having their car sell at a low price (no reserve allowed now), pay the 10% sellers fee, and top that off by paying $4k (last I heard) on top to have the bidding televised.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
As a seller at B/J, you have to PAY to have your car televised. Did you know that?. Most VW owners rolling the bones at B/J hoping for a high $$ sale aren't willing to risk having their car sell at a low price (no reserve allowed now), pay the 10% sellers fee, and top that off by paying $4k (last I heard) on top to have the bidding televised.

As along time consignor of cars to Barrett-Jackson and record holder of "Most Cars Consigned" by a single seller (54 cars 2009) i can personally tell you that YOU DONT PAY ANY EXTRA to have your car on TV, who ever told you that has no clue what there talking about
TV time is considered "Prime Time" and for the most part all those cars are higher end automobiles or something obscure, the consignment rates are higher for prime time spots but you dont have the opportunity to "pay extra" to guarantee a TV shot, its all a luck of the draw, approx 35-40% of the cars selling end up on TV, and I have come to that conclusion only for the fact that for the last 7yrs 35-40% of my cars that ran during prime hrs ended up on TV. So over the last few yrs I kind of tracked it and it always seems to work out to that figure.
This year for Scottsdale I have 30 cars selling, one VW in there selling also, out of the 30 cars 25 are prime time, so I history is correct 7-9 cars of mine should end up on the tube, guess we'll see!!
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was told wrong, and stand corrected. I digress to the obvious expert.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
Well I was told wrong, and stand corrected. I digress to the obvious expert.

No expert, "Jack of all trades, Master of none"....lol
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:

As along time consignor of cars to Barrett-Jackson and record holder of "Most Cars Consigned" by a single seller (54 cars 2009)

This year for Scottsdale I have 30 cars selling

Well if that doesn't qualify you as an expert, I don't know what would.
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:

As along time consignor of cars to Barrett-Jackson and record holder of "Most Cars Consigned" by a single seller (54 cars 2009)

This year for Scottsdale I have 30 cars selling

Well if that doesn't qualify you as an expert, I don't know what would.

THANKS BRO', but just when I think i have this shit all figured out in the classic car game, and im on a good roll, something always changes,,lol and i gotta start all over again with a new program!!...lol
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:
This year for Scottsdale I have 30 cars selling, one VW in there selling also, out of the 30 cars 25 are prime time, so I history is correct 7-9 cars of mine should end up on the tube, guess we'll see!!

Interesting info for the 2011 auction in a couple weeks. And the 2011 auction sticky here. 2010 is gone and over. Wink
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertbusman wrote:
CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:

Interesting info for the 2011 auction in a couple weeks. And the 2011 auction sticky here. 2010 is gone and over. Wink

List Below of VW in upcoming B-J auction:

Lot # Year Make Model Style
#19 1964 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 2 DOOR COUPE 1964 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 2 DOOR COUPE
#48 1965 VOLKSWAGEN KARMANN GHIA 2 DOOR COUPE 1965 VOLKSWAGEN KARMANN GHIA 2 DOOR COUPE
#55 1965 VOLKSWAGEN KOMBI CUSTOM BUS 1965 VOLKSWAGEN KOMBI CUSTOM BUS
#372 1972 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE SEDAN 1972 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE SEDAN <<this one is mine
#417.2 1962 VOLKSWAGEN DOUBLE CAB PICKUP 1962 VOLKSWAGEN DOUBLE CAB PICKUP
#480 1969 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 2 DOOR 1969 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 2 DOOR
#623 1979 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CONVERTIBLE 1979 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CONVERTIBLE
#637 1961 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE 1961 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE
#659 1959 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CONVERTIBLE 1959 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CONVERTIBLE
#1340 1965 VOLKSWAGEN 21 WINDOW CUSTOM BUS 1965 VOLKSWAGEN 21 WINDOW CUSTOM BUS
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This auction is pretty much across the street from where I work. I've never been there.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusser, you going to be down at the Pavilions?
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For any Samba folks in town to attend either the BJ auction or Russo Steeles be sure and also get down the road a bit to the Pavilions in Scottsdale. BJ will be there on the 15th and then also on the 22nd there will be another big event. It's our weekly Saturday Rock and Roll Custom Car and Hot Rod show that many local VW people usually are there showing. But the auction weekends commonly draw a couple thousand exibitors. The majority of VW's will probably be grouped together so stop by and say Hi.

CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ill have this one down there at the Pailions that Sat afternoon then it goes to the auction!! its lot #372 runs across the block Wed 1/19 about 4-5pm
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think this car just turned me into a "Stock Nazi" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are over 1300 cars in the auction this year. Unfortunately, Speed won't show the Cords, Auburns or Packards since they need to make more air time for '69 Camaros Rolling Eyes

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: