Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Volkswagen Auctions Thread - Barrett-Jackson, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the end of the day the VW's bring good money at auction, and as i have said before they dont care about correctness and OG parts, if it looks good, they pay end of story, dont try to figue it out,,,, So.......all this means is that it makes every one you own whether its a trailer queen or a pile of shit worth that much more,,, and thats not a bad thing, although some will still bitch,, Rolling Eyes
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
truelinebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Auctions oddly enough set the full blown retail price anymore, no more .50 cents on the dollar deals it seems, but the prices are not that much more then here on this site or oldbug and any other for sale site for that matter (show me a nut and bolt restored 23 window for less than 100k for sale anywhere). Most high end vw's are resto-customs that you see in hot-vw's and vw trends and thats OK that the factory never made one of those but the lack of knowledge at these Auctions of what was stock and or an option in the Volkswagen line is somewhat laughable Laughing
If anyone on here has a 1958 PGSG 15 window walkthru resto-custom for sale for 37K PM me...
At least you can touch it, drive it and you don't pay capital gains on it, when was the last time your 401K had you smiling from ear to ear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want to toss in my rant here that it's all well and good that vintage VW's are bringing as much money as classic muscle, when you already own the cars.

however, when corrupt states like RI use published values like NADA to base private-sale sales tax off, and NADA is compiled from values country wide, you get insane figures like $15-$20,000 retail for these cars. so, when you go to register your fun $1500 summer toy, you're paying sometimes more than purchase price in taxes.

there is absolutely no way the condition of east coast cars can match those on the west. it's awesome that we have to pay west coast prices.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'64 21 window just sold for $100,000 in Las Vegas. CLASSIC CAR GUY is there with 12 assorted cars. The first season of his 'Car Sharks' show on Discovery Channel starts airing in Jan.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^
That means we have an actual celebrity who posts on the Samba. Maybe we should start a thread: Famous or semi-famous people who have posted on the Samba. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'67 21 window w/luggage,picnic basket etc just sold for $77,000.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
'64 21 window just sold for $100,000 in Las Vegas. CLASSIC CAR GUY is there with 12 assorted cars. The first season of his 'Car Sharks' show on Discovery Channel starts airing in Jan.

Actually ened up being 18 cars, Show airs in Feb, Current working title is "Extreem car hoarders" on Discovery US. and UK.
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
targetinspect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like Super Beetles took the podium tonight? 18K for a 69! That 61 only grabbed 13 less buyers fee! That black 57 was a bastard all jacked up and took 20! I am surprised it made it into the show, it had an IRS pan! I sense some scratched out hacked VIN numbers, poor sob that bought it got screwed...
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cars are bringing strong money this year at BJ. Too bad its harder to find on tv.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
jeffff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 K even for the 21 window.
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone post a link to the complete VW list? I've been trying since Friday and for some reason just can't get it to respond.

Thanks
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the links to the Barret buses. Looks like the westy (last link) was a bargin at todays current selling prices. Barret brought the highest prices. Another auction had a deluxe and was way off the mark compared to Barret prices

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=937&aid=525

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1300&aid=525

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1361&aid=525

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1546.1&aid=525

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1566&aid=525
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Westy engine could use a major clean up but I agree - that seems like a great deal given today's prices and BJ in general.

The 21-Window... The description of "2-year meticulous restoration using the finest quality German OE parts" does not match what I see in the photos. I see a bunch of issues in the engine compartment, among other areas.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=580&aid=525

This truck got a pretty penny but.....

For this kind of dime the nose should be the same color as the body, It has the wrong upper dash pad for the year and the oilbath stand was hacked. For the time spent they should have drilled the spotwelds and removed it completely.

It would be interesting to see the bed, it looks like the drop gate has a wood slat atop it.
targetinspect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 56' nabbed 22K across the street @ Russo & Steele Auction
http://www.russoandsteele.com/past-collector-car/1956-Volkswagen-Beetle/73762
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooding Auctions is an auction house to watch for VW's. They've had Lowlight Ghia's that have gone for 35k/67k, 21 Windows for 99k/126k, and a 23 Window that went for 140k. Working at a shop that has used Gooding, and has attended their auctions, their buyers usually are educated, and the auctioneers are knowledgeable. There still are the impulse buys for looks, but the OE Restorations bring more with Gooding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is the first post in 5 months. Smile Your info about Gooding raises a question. To all you Sambanistas, wouldn't it be a good idea to change the title of this topic to "Official Volkswagen Auctions Discussion" -- so it's not limited to just Barrett-Jackson? It's not like this topic is generating a lot of posts anyway. I wanted to post about a Mecum auction once but decided not to post it here since it wasn't Barrett-Jackson.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sounds good.
I updated it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not all moving though.

Nobody even bid on this one!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://auctions.speedstowingauction.com/1973-Volkswagen-Beetle_i20078626
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Official Restored Volkswagen Auctions Thread" so that we can keep the riff raff out. Think
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 28

Jump to: