Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

semaphores?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

I just found a rusty 1959 european beetle. It still has the semaphores. What are they worth? The guy wants $150 for the bug w/title.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

It it definately worth more than $150! Is it too rusty to restore?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

Yeah, this poor bug is in pretty dismal shape. It has been sitting in a wooded area near a creek in western NC since the early eighties. I guess someone could restore it, but the floors are completly gone. The right side below the rear passenger window is really rusty. I was thinking about buying it and cutting out the semaphore areas and selling them with the semaphores to someone that wants to turn an export bug into a european. Other than that, I'd probably crush it. It also has an oval window steering wheel and a weird push button radio with an aluminum face.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jim S 67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

Ditto Andrews post! Don't crush it! I know a ton of guys who would be willing to restore that bug. It would be a shame to take a sawzall to it and lose another great vehicle. If you are not going to pick it up and restore it, then give another guy who wants to get it back on the road, a shot. My garage is full, but I would be willing to take on the challenge ( and angry wife ). Let us know!
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

I have a 58 euro ragtop and it's a ton of fun and gets a lot of attention even in Calif.
Buy it and if you don't want to restore it, sell it to someone who can. It will be a ton of work and money for someone not able to do body work them selves.
To see a pic of my 58 euro go to
http://www.tcsn.net/vw/id59.htm
Good Luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

Well, if anybody wants to throw some green my way, i'll go buy it off the guy before he sells it to the crusher! He's cleaning up his property as his son is building a house on it. He had a baja crushed a couple of weeks ago, so I don't know how long the bug will last! If anybody near the Boone NC side of the globe is interested, let me know on this forum. I will warn you once again, I think the semaphores are the only thing worth a damn on the bug as you can almost scoop up the lower half with a shovel!!!!
sdp65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

andrew,
can you stall the guy a little longer, long enough to take some photos for me? I just might be interested. get in touch with me off forum at [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
J Deans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: semaphores? Reply with quote

*off topic*

hey Fairplay, on that picture of your 58, what kinda rims are those, ive been lookin around for some of that style, where they are smooth all around, but i cant seem to find any.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: