Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisMac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
ChrisMac wrote:
Probably nothing until Springtime. Since we are trying to sell our current home and are attempting to keep down the "clutter", the Bus is in storage at a friend's for the Winter or until we move into a new home.

Are you staying in the Waterville area? My inlaws bought St Bridget's church and rectory in North Vassalboro.

Yes. I work in Waterville and don't want to travel more than 20 minutes to work, so we have been looking everywhere in that range from Waterville. Gotta sell our current house before we can be serious about buying something else.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

A visitor mentioned this to me:
Quote:
I live in Arizona and keep and eye on the local auctions and saw 2 VW bus units are coming up for auction in about 2 weeks or so. Wanted to let someone know that is in the bus life style to at least not let these 2 buses slip away without someone knowing.

Look on this web site for the VW's. Cunningham & Assoc auction

Hope this is helpful to you or someone you know.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69Weekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Picked up a 69 Transporter turned Camper last weekend! My first bus and first air-cooled!
Follow Linda's progress on my thread "1969 California Camper"

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4
Past:
01 Honda Insight, 06 Beetle TDI, 77 Toyota, 96 Geo Metro, 06 Tacoma, 13 Jetta Wagon, 05 Jetta, 96 Corrado VR6
Other ICE Machinery: Alco 251F 16v & 8v
The Quaint Gypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I know of a 1969 Dormobile in Asheville, N.C.

She has it listed on Facebook her profile is here https://www.facebook.com/chelsey.havekes?fref=nf

but it is listed under USA Early Bay Window Bus Owners Group (68-71) group. the ad contents:
"1969 Dormobile
FOR SALE
$6,500 O.B.O
I'm selling my 1969 Dormobile.
Not the prettiest but damn sturdy. There is rust and dents (and she needs a good cleaning)
Solid engine.
Only mechanical issue is that something is rubbing on the clutch cable causing it to snap. Just replaced the clutch cable.
Brand new battery that's never been used.
Clean title.
Comes with big box of free extras (distributor parts, extra carb, tools, hubcaps, etc)
Interior includes sink, stove, cabinets, fridge, full size bed once bench us pulled out, twin cots, insect screen, privacy shades, etc) wood paneled ceiling. I've never used stove. Some cabinets need new handles and the seats have a few tears. Like is said she needs a facelift but she's still a gem. Has great potential.
Price is negotiable. Cash talks! Make me an offer.
I call her Yena, which is short for Yenalo. Yenalo means "here we are" but with the same feeling/meaning as "Home Sweet Home".
She used to be my daily driver and has served me well. She really is a great bus."

I wrote her and told her she should list it for sale here on thesamba.com
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
A visitor mentioned this to me:
Quote:
I live in Arizona and keep and eye on the local auctions and saw 2 VW bus units are coming up for auction in about 2 weeks or so. Wanted to let someone know that is in the bus life style to at least not let these 2 buses slip away without someone knowing.

Look on this web site for the VW's. Cunningham & Assoc auction

Hope this is helpful to you or someone you know.

Nice looking buses for anyone in the Phoenix area!
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

scored a bunch of 2.0 engines, tin, shrouds & 914 parts the other day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

The other day I got this:

But it was missing this:

So today I scored this:

Very Happy
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

helping a friend buy a table from an old couple out in the county, back in the woods. The kind of place with 4 or 5 houses on the property with about 20 cars. on the way out, one of the chairs for the table fell over in the bed of the truck, so we got out to secure it. over under the trees in the brush was a bus! I made my way thru the snow around to the rear of the bus, and it is a 69-72 ish by the look of the rear lamps and bumper. looks pretty rough, but I will be going back when the snow melts to get a better look at her.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
helping a friend buy a table from an old couple out in the county, back in the woods. The kind of place with 4 or 5 houses on the property with about 20 cars. on the way out, one of the chairs for the table fell over in the bed of the truck, so we got out to secure it. over under the trees in the brush was a bus! I made my way thru the snow around to the rear of the bus, and it is a 69-72 ish by the look of the rear lamps and bumper. looks pretty rough, but I will be going back when the snow melts to get a better look at her.

That is what we call bus hunting! Make sure to get a few photos next time you swing by for a look.
Peabody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
and it is a 69-72 ish by the look of the rear lamps and bumper. looks pretty rough, but I will be going back when the snow melts to get a better look at her.

Maybe 68-71 ish if you're looking at the tail lights and bumper?
'74 Westy (parts)
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Peabody wrote:
alman72 wrote:
and it is a 69-72 ish by the look of the rear lamps and bumper. looks pretty rough, but I will be going back when the snow melts to get a better look at her.

Maybe 68-71 ish if you're looking at the tail lights and bumper?

exactly. my bad. I got a little exited there. the first phonecall has been made.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

also considering going and looking at a 72, looks very nice, adventurewagon high top, lots of new mechanicals, but current owner says it loses power after driving around after awhile. so.....fuel filter, fuel pump, crap in carb, or other? what could this be that would be a deal breaker or something I could test in HIS driveway that would give me some clues? he is asking 5500. It really is a solid looking bus, with possible OG paint. waiting on a return call for more info.
Fstevens9606
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I'm trying to track down my parents bus or one that is exact to what they had. Any information would be greatly appreciated. It was a 1973 with hard sunroof.

Cspider7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I've always loved reading peoples bus hunting posts, so I figured I should contribute to the chaos.

My friend bought a little "honey hole" in Virginia, not too far from where I am in Charlotte, so I got the opportunity to purchase a vehicle from the spot. Originally, I was looking to buy a beetle to beat around town and get me to school and work when I start driving. Pictures were sent of the beetles on the lot and I decided I was going to bring home a 55' oval. When we arrived in VA, I did not expect to see this blue 69' bench seat bus taunting my bus dreams. After comparing the two cars i came to the conclusion that the bus would take less work and money to have on the road for when i get my license.

I made a deal one week end and after the longest school week of my life my dad and i made another trip up to Virginia to bring my bus home.

As found:

Getting it on the trailer proved to be a chore without a steering box

Also brought this 61' rag with us too

BBQ stop!

Here is how she sits today patiently waiting for some love. Being a student and only being able to work part time at my local skate shop my pockets are shallow so the build will be slow, but hopefully i can have it together for The Charlotte Transporter show in May. I really only need a motor at the moment, and the rest is pretty much there.

Thanks for looking and hopefully i will see you all in my bus when CTS comes around!

Happy hunting!

-Connor
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Cool bus, and even cooler dog. Good luck with the build.
kjbtsi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Just got these 2 buses in trade for my '72 and some parts!

My old '72 on her way eventually to France!

1966 Bug Bahama Blue(my first car)
1958 Euro Bug
1962 Pearl White Bug
1970 Fastback Clementine
1966 Fastback VW Blue
1970 Fastback Diamond Blue
1967 Bug
1963 VW Variant
1963 Karmann Ghia Ruby Red
1969 VW Variant
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
alman72 wrote:
also considering going and looking at a 72, looks very nice, adventurewagon high top, lots of new mechanicals, but current owner says it loses power after driving around after awhile. so.....fuel filter, fuel pump, crap in carb, or other? what could this be that would be a deal breaker or something I could test in HIS driveway that would give me some clues? he is asking 5500. It really is a solid looking bus, with possible OG paint. waiting on a return call for more info.

little help?

If I was you, I'd post pictures of this bus for everyone to view. Include pictures of the engine as well. You'd be miles ahead to spend a few bucks on a pre-inspection of this bus by a VW shop that's good. They could look at the engine issue and do a compression test and leak down as well.

There's WWAAYY too many variables for anyone on a computer to know what's causing that issue. Where people can help is by viewing some good, detailed pictures of the bus and helping set a value for it.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I was too slow.... after I posted, saw that it sold. I was just looking for some additional info on some testing I could do to possibly solve the issue, like points, fuel filter, timing, compression, ect. I could tell it was a solid bus, engine comp. looked fine. oh well, you snooze, you lose.
Cspider7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Cool bus, and even cooler dog. Good luck with the build.

Thanks man
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:

got the return call today. its a 68, been sitting from 72. He wants $600. I am a late bay guy, so not sure if I will even go check it out. (middle bench has been in the shed when he bought the darn thing.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 63 of 100

Jump to: