Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Do I need cooling flaps
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
bugnut68 wrote:
Duly noted, I only intended to bring about the perspective that some folks aren't building engines to necessarily last a lifetime. With the 2.0 liter I'm building, it will be just an occasional driver and odds are it'll be torn apart due to personal boredom and desire for "more" before I ever wear it out.

it doesn't matter, nut.... larger, stock, destroking, whatever, they all need a regulated cooling system.... the same folks that fight to the death that you don't ned to regulate an aircooled's temperature would never dream of not putting in a thermostat in the new stroker SBC they are building...

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree that the thermostat system is a vital component. All my personal comments about my builds is personally self-admitted choice, and I'm willing to accept the consequences that come along with that. I'm already looking ahead to the next engine build, lol.

I know for sure when I build an engine I intent to put serious miles on it will definitely feature both the thermostat and the flaps.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ddudleynm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Cooling Vane restoration Reply with quote

Where can the rubber nipples/bumpers that stop the cooling vanes in the fully closed position be ourchased?
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Flaps plugs (2) Part No.7
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: