Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need a working cold start valve - 1982 Vanagon
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreenroom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Need a working cold start valve - 1982 Vanagon Reply with quote

Does anyone know where one can purchase a working Cold Start Valve for a 1982 Vanagon?

Thanks,
Dan
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a working cold start valve - 1982 Vanagon Reply with quote

No I don’t, but any AFC German car of that era used one including fuel injected bay busses and beetles. How are you testing it?
thegreenroom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a working cold start valve - 1982 Vanagon Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

I just wanted to say sorry for the delayed reply!! I've just been going over my old posts and I saw your reply to this that I must have missed somehow, I'm sorry about that and I do appreciate the info you wrote. I actually ended up having a mechanic take a look at the cold start valve he got it working, he doesn't know how but he says he fiddled with it / gave it a jiggle and it's working now - so great after many years of hard starting!

Anyways, apologies again and thanks again for your reply.
Cheers,
Dan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: