Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing not showing up in Classifieds
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Thing not showing up in Classifieds Reply with quote

I am trying to list a Thing in the Clasisfieds and have listed it 2 times in about 2 hours and it isn't showing up. The first time my computer died as soon as I hit enter Evil or Very Mad so I don't think that one went through. The seond time I double checked everything and thought for sure that I put it in the classified section... Now I can't find it. Is there a delay in time from when you post it to when it posts? Do they have to filter them or something?

I am a Mod of a Jeep forum so I know how forums work, just my first experience with THIS forum. Thanks for the help in advance.

Andy
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ad is definitly not there. no delays, it should be up right away. try again, if not, email site admin.
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted many ads without issue. You should try asking in the site forum and see if Everett has any ideas:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

I suspect your ad has many large photos and you are not allowing sufficient time for it to upload and resize each of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
saddlesore1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is very irritating and I do not know why but... Apperently you have to press the "show new items" button in order to see new items. They do not just repopulate new items. Seem stupid to me. I would think that if a new item is posted it would go to the top of the list with the time it was posted rather than items that were posted several days or weeks ago listed as YESTERDAY.

Insight anyone?
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saddlesore1 wrote:
it is very irritating and I do not know why but... Apperently you have to press the "show new items" button in order to see new items. They do not just repopulate new items. Seem stupid to me. I would think that if a new item is posted it would go to the top of the list with the time it was posted rather than items that were posted several days or weeks ago listed as YESTERDAY.

Insight anyone?

Newly updated ads are mingled with newly placed ads. You can choose what you want to view.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing not showing up in Classifieds Reply with quote

aci4369 wrote:
I am trying to list a Thing in the Clasisfieds and have listed it 2 times in about 2 hours and it isn't showing up. The first time my computer died as soon as I hit enter Evil or Very Mad so I don't think that one went through. The seond time I double checked everything and thought for sure that I put it in the classified section... Now I can't find it. Is there a delay in time from when you post it to when it posts? Do they have to filter them or something?

I am a Mod of a Jeep forum so I know how forums work, just my first experience with THIS forum. Thanks for the help in advance.

Andy

it works,.you are prolly doing something wrong or posting pics too large.
read all the info. even after you hit post,.make sure it says "ad posted"

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.

Last edited by Foxx on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the input. I will check on the picture sizes. That is the only thing that I can think it is. I am at work now and don't have the pictures so I will try again tomorrow.

Andy "is glad he saved the lengthy description" Cochran
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My classifieds message for people having problems:

There are no ads from your account.
Ads appear immediately.

Here are some tips:
Are you getting the confirmation screen when you place an ad? Unless you get that screen - "Thank you for submitting a Classified ad" - the ad has not been placed.

It is possible that you are using too many photos or photos that are too large and your web browser is timing out. Make sure your photos(s) are each under 300 KB in size. If you have a lot of photos and most of them are over 100-150 KB each, you may want to try placing the ad with only one photo at first. You can add the remaining photos right afterward.

If you need help resizing photos, there are some tips and links to programs here in the Forums:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

Please try again.

If you absolutely cannot get them to work, place the ad with no photos and email me the photos.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing not showing up in Classifieds Reply with quote

aci4369 wrote:
Is there a delay in time from when you post it to when it posts? Do they have to filter them or something?

No, it is instant.

aci4369 wrote:
I am a Mod of a Jeep forum so I know how forums work, just my first experience with THIS forum. Thanks for the help in advance

The classifieds is not a Forum so it's different.

///Mink wrote:
saddlesore1 wrote:

Insight anyone?

Newly updated ads are mingled with newly placed ads. You can choose what you want to view.

If you only want to see new ads, click on "New Ads Only" in the Classifieds menu or the Classifieds section instead of "All Ads".

If you are looking in the Thing Vehicles section specifically, then yes, you see new ads (marked with
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
) and all updated ads.
If you want to see the new ads on top, click on "Show New Ads on Top" at the top of that section.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I will try it tomorrow. I did not resize any of the photos so that was probably it. Had 5-6 of them. I did not get the confirmation screen either. I sat for maybe 10 seconds and then went back to another screen ( I can't recall which one).
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aci4369 wrote:
Thanks for the input. I will try it tomorrow. I did not resize any of the photos so that was probably it. Had 5-6 of them. I did not get the confirmation screen either. I sat for maybe 10 seconds and then went back to another screen ( I can't recall which one).

that's the screen that told you what you did wrong -- read it next time...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankmange wrote:
aci4369 wrote:

that's the screen that told you what you did wrong -- read it next time...

Well played sir. Applause
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for some people if the photos are too large, your browser times out and you can get returned to the login screen or to a blank place ad screen.

If this occurs, follow my recommendations above.
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the pictures. I resized them and cut some of them out. Thanks for the help. Hopefully someone will want this... It was a lot more work than I thought to post. haha
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.

If you having trouble with adding them all at once you can add more photos once the ad is up. Click on Manage in the Classifieds drop down menu up top, then edit the ad to add more photos.
aci4369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got her up on there thanks for all the help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: