Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

king-tuk - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: king-tuk
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2013
volksgroove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a huge supporter of Matt up until a few months ago when I realized he's screwing people over left and right. We were buying all our beams from him, though they never arrived when promised. I kept encouraging him to focus on the shops who were capable of keeping him busy, versus going full retail.

Anyways, I had 3 of his beams at my shop when all this drama went down. A 4" narrowed link pin/king pin type 1 beam, a 4" center mount ball joint type 1 air beam, and a 4" type 3 conversion air beam. I decided to take these beams to my metal fab shop and have them reverse engineered so we could begin to make our own beams. This goes against my better judgement, but I saw it as a chance to offer the industry some honesty behind the product. For the bus beams, I found a CAD drawing on here that we have modified. We have invested over $3k to have CAD files and a small inventory of parts to get the ball rolling.

Matt has decided to publicly call me out on this carnal sin that I have done to him. He claims he is better than me because he supposedly never copied anybody's stuff. He admitted to me on the phone awhile back the "everyone has basically copied KCW beams anyways", so whatever that means.

Furthermore, I coincidentally received a phone call from one of his customers this morning telling me Matt still has not made good on the $3800 purchase they made many months ago. He will not communicate with anyone regarding their transaction, yet continues to peruse Instagram and Facebook making posts.

I post this here to simply state the facts. Judge us all accordingly, I guess. I do not take people's money and not produce a product. In fact, if we can't build beams on a production basis with simply a small deposit from the customer, expecting final payment only when product is ready to ship... then we just won't build them. Period.

I see that Pete has also responded on here, and I think that's good. He has been around for awhile, and you stand a better chance of not getting screwed over with Pete. I hope anyone who finds themselves here who is considering purchasing a custom built beam, they do so cautiously. I don't care who you buy them from, just stop supporting shoddy "garage-built" beam businesses if they don't do what they say. There are enough real businesses building beams that this sort of scam should not be a reality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ghostrider66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellow volkslovers, my feedback/experience with Matt Watts of Punchdrunk customs has been terrible as well. I paid him $300.00 cash on January 26th 2013. I sold my bug and canceled my order on February 20th. I eventually was able to contact Matt and he told me he'd refund my money. Guess what? He didn't. I understand he had been banned from the Samba? This is great news. Because I found him through the Samba and I'd hate to have something as awesome as this website be connected in any way with a scumbag like Matt Watts. Below is a video summing up my experience with Mr. Matt Watts. One last time, DO NOT GIVE HIM MONEY, DO NOT USE PUNCHDRUNK CUSTOMS, DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING MATT WATTS SAYS TO YOU, HE WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! The positive feedback he has are FLUKES! Overall HE IS A DEADBEAT THIEF! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Link
Balms1952
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, was screwed by Matt Watts. What he doesn't realize is that I won't quit til I get my parts, a refund or Matt is in JAIL. I believed his stories that he will ship NEXT week, since Feb. 2013.
Lucky777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: MATT WATTS OWES ME A TOTAL OF $3800!!

This guy is a FRAUD, AND A THIEF.

"ANYONE LOOKING TO MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH OUT THERE?"

I WILL OFFER $1000 TO ANYONE WHO CAN GET MY PARTS RETURNED TO ME OR MY MONIES BACK IN MY HAND TOTALING $3800. THANK YOU

Still no response from Matt Watts. All I want is my $%$^ING parts. I'm not going away until I get my parts returned to me or the $3800 cash value of my parts.

Parts MISSING and STOLEN from my bus.
•Gas tank is (MISSING) from my bus when recovered will cost $150 to replace
•Steering column and steering box is (MISSING) from when my bus was recovered will cost $250 to replace
•I supplied him with a 1968 VW Bug Transmission complete with axels and brakes (MISSING) as I dropped off I paid $400 will cost $400 to replace.
•The 1st 4.5 narrowed front beam I payed Matt for including dropped spindle modification to get flipped and modified. Paid $1040 (I have paypal receipt) cost to replace with modifications ($1040)
•The second air beam I paid Matt for 3-22-11 $1250 (I have paypal receipt) cost to replace with modifications $1250
•I gave Matt (2) complete drum to drum core vw bus beams complete with spindles both (MISSING) 1 was in the bus when I gave it to him. The second one I supplied to him to build the air beam. Will cost $250 each for a total of $500 to replace.
•The rear spring plates missing, I payed Matt $210 on 2-14-11 to modify them for a lowered bus cost to replace $210
•(I have paypal receipt)

MATT WATTS OWES ME A TOTAL OF $3800.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting on a correct set of LP drop spindles. The ones he sent me had one KP that was so tight it wouldn't budge and one so loose it was was worse than the ones I took off my car.... He told me that he send the replacements and that I have recieved them.....
That's news to me. I have the one he originally sent and a set I bought and had pressed and reamed locally..... Just send me the $200 I spent on those and I'll gladly send you back the POS ones you sent in the first place....

Don't tell me you sent me replacements and that now you are out two sets of spindles you asshole. I paid for a set from you which were not useable. You said you would replace them and never did. I'm the one one who is out two sets of spindles....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Balms1952
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received beam from Matt Watts, Punch drunk customs and quess what? I am missing trailing arms, lowered spindles and air bags. I paid Matt over $1800 and all I received was a bare beam. I plan on pursuing this in the courts, first thru Attorney General complaint. San Ramon says that Punch Drunk Customs is not registered. Matt made big mistake because he sent beam thru US mail....mail fraud. If there are more victims please forward info to me to include in investigation. [email protected]
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you spoken with him? Chances are the arms an spindles are behind a bit since he doesn't make those parts. They have to be ordered from someone else. Perhaps he's also waiting? Mail fraud?! Sounds a but extreme for a custom ordered part. Be patient. I'm sure your parts are coming.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek71 wrote:
Have you spoken with him? Chances are the arms an spindles are behind a bit since he doesn't make those parts. They have to be ordered from someone else. Perhaps he's also waiting? Mail fraud?! Sounds a but extreme for a custom ordered part. Be patient. I'm sure your parts are coming.

You've read this whole thread, right?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir. It's almost like the restaurant industry. I never see forums or discussions on how good food is. Only complaints. Stories always have 2 sides and being a painting contractor I know custom work takes time. Accusing someone of "mail fraud" and "robbery" is just laughable. Things take longer than expected sometimes. I just don't get why everyone is so quick to rip this guy and make criminal accusations. Just my opinion. He has the lowest and best built beams on the market. You want the best, sometimes you have to wait.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me take a couple hundred or a couple thousand of your dollars. I'll make you some custom origami. I'll send it too you when Matt makes good on all his dealings. I don't want to press charges. I just want what I was promised. It was due 9 months ago and I'm still waiting on this asshole... Don't come in here and tell me that I'm angry about nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
urastroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: WORTHLESS RIP OFF SCAMMER SCUM BAG Reply with quote

Derek71: Are you blind or just a friend of that WORTHLESS SCUM BAG Matt? The only thing that scum bag is going to make good on is going to prison for a very long time! This is WAY beyond the money now! It's time for a class action fraud suit! If anyone wants his personal address and any other info about him...it's all readily available. He has been sued more than once and he will never pay you! It's about FRAUD at this point! This is an EASY open and shut case! This guy is going to prison! If he's such a great person, why has he been BANNED from thesamba. Check out his Facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/punchdrunkcustoms , he's ripping people off there also. And here is his POS ghia on craigs http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3866822926.html . The world is smaller than you think. And Johnny law is just around the bend...
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said that no one has a right to not be upset. If you pay, you should receive a finished product. And no I'm not blind. No the world isn't small. However there is always two sides to a story. I watched the above video and the guy said HE cancelled HIS order at 3 weeks. If a customer of mine cancelled after paying, and I had invested any cash/time into a custom product, I wouldn't offer refunds. Everyone in business for more than a few years has the chance of lawsuits/losses/upset customers. Maybe I'm giving the guy an undue show of support, since I'm a business owner myself. But if I had people calling me every name in the book and threatening lawsuits, I wouldn't rush to finish anything. Just my opinion, again.

Derek
urastroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not one person who is unhappy or that has been ripped off...but MANY! This guy has ripped people off for THOUSANDS and is still at work! He is a liar and thief of the worst kind! It's easily provable and already proven by many! HE'S GOING TO PRISON FOR A LONG TIME! FRAUD is a serious crime in the US. I hope Matt likes prison! Stop defending him...you're making a fool of your self!
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making a fool of myself? Rolling Eyes Hahaha you're the one in a volkswagen forum yapping about "prison" time for a vendor. Hahaha...I may be very wrong. Time will tell, I guess. But I don't think anyone's going to pelican bay for parts being a few months late. That's just hilarious. Anyways. I've favorited this thread to stay updated. Hopefully everyone gets their parts.
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to be respectful to the samba and forum moderator. I too have ordered a beam from Matt and have no reason to believe my product is not coming. These beams (especially spindle to spindle beams) take time to source and build. I wanted the best, found the best and paid the best. Again, I'm happy with my purchase and have no reason to think I misspent my money. Thanks.

Derek
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, enough arguing, let's move on and stay with post that apply to direct feedback on your transaction.

If you are pursuing him legally for fraud, let us know when sometimes happens in that case.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ok, enough arguing, let's move on and stay with post that apply to direct feedback on your transaction.

If you are pursuing him legally for fraud, let us know when sometimes happens in that case.

Thank you Everett

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ghostrider66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep this on topic, it is now July 23rd 2013 and I am yet to receive the PARTS I ordered or a refund that I was told I was going to get.

Hey Derek71 I'm 'the guy' who made the video and I have a few issues with your post. First off can you tell us what business you own so we can all AVOID purchasing ANYTHING from you since you have the same business ethics as Matt 'I take your money and give you nothing in return, no parts, no refund nada' Watts. You say you would not offer a refund 3 weeks in if a customer canceled an order? That's kind of harsh but whatever. Not only did he not refund me, he NEVER DELIVERED either. So is that also OK? To charge someone, take there money, tell them you'll build a part and then not deliver the part? And then when asked for a refund tell the customer 'ok' and then NOT honor the refund?

Last thing, you read this ENTIRE thread, watched my video and STILL ordered a beam from this guy? Wow. Smart move bro. I hope you DO get your parts. I hope you DELIVERS your parts on time and as specified. I wouldn't want to bet on it but I unlike YOU have a thing called honor. If I say I'm going to do something I DO IT because that's what real men do. You might learn a thing or two from that statement. And if you are in the practice of ripping people off 'like you stated in your post' what comes around goes around bud. Again I truly hope you get your parts, you should reconsider your view point though on all of us suckers who have been ripped off by this guy.

Derek71 wrote:
I never said that no one has a right to not be upset. If you pay, you should receive a finished product. And no I'm not blind. No the world isn't small. However there is always two sides to a story. I watched the above video and the guy said HE cancelled HIS order at 3 weeks. If a customer of mine cancelled after paying, and I had invested any cash/time into a custom product, I wouldn't offer refunds. Everyone in business for more than a few years has the chance of lawsuits/losses/upset customers. Maybe I'm giving the guy an undue show of support, since I'm a business owner myself. But if I had people calling me every name in the book and threatening lawsuits, I wouldn't rush to finish anything. Just my opinion, again.

Derek
Lucky777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 6-24-13

Still NO returned parts to me or cash from Matt Watts. It has been almost 2 FREAKIN years now. Exclamation

I will donate $750 CASH to thesamba.com as well as offer $1000 cash for the return of my STOLEN parts from Matt Watts. Exclamation

This just goes to show how serious I am in getting my parts back or money returned from this $%$KIN scumbag. Its all principal Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Any Takers? Please PM me.

Below is a list of the $3800 Matt Watts STOLE from me and hasn't returned.

Still no response from Matt Watts. All I want is my $%$^ING parts. I'm not going away until I get my parts returned to me or the $3800 cash value of my parts.

Here is what Matt Watts owes me and STOLE from me. Anyone else out there got SCAMMED to this degree?

Parts MISSING and STOLEN from my bus.
•Gas tank is (MISSING) from my bus when recovered will cost $150 to replace
•Steering column and steering box is (MISSING) from when my bus was recovered will cost $250 to replace
•I supplied him with a 1968 VW Bug Transmission complete with axels and brakes (MISSING) as I dropped off I paid $400 will cost $400 to replace.
•The 1st 4.5 narrowed front beam I payed Matt for including dropped spindle modification to get flipped and modified. Paid $1040 (I have paypal receipt) cost to replace with modifications ($1040)
•The second air beam I paid Matt for 3-22-11 $1250 (I have paypal receipt) cost to replace with modifications $1250
•I gave Matt (2) complete drum to drum core vw bus beams complete with spindles both (MISSING) 1 was in the bus when I gave it to him. The second one I supplied to him to build the air beam. Will cost $250 each for a total of $500 to replace.
•The rear spring plates missing, I payed Matt $210 on 2-14-11 to modify them for a lowered bus cost to replace $210
•(I have paypal receipt)
Derek71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ghostrider

I said "in my business". I paint houses. Money is spent day one by me . All deposits are non refundable. Upon paying completely for a finished product of course the product should be delivered. But in your case. If you cancelled because you sold your car and the beam was built, I think you're case is arguable. But in reality both parties are at a loss in your case. You for spending the cash. And him for building a product and having nowhere to send it. If you'd like anymore info go ahead and ask. Just don't be a jerk. Everyone is such a tough guy on the Internet and I'd rather avoid a cliche' back and forth. Hit me up if you have anything productive to say.
Derek
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: