Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sewfine carpet kit- Advice/Tipps ???
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Ord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Sewfine carpet kit- Advice/Tipps ??? Reply with quote

About to install a new sewfine carpet kit into my westy ( now a 7 passenger/carat set up )......not having done one before, is there better way of doing it/sequence I should follow ??

Any tips etc would be greatly appreciated- the interior is completely stripped, no seats etc.

Thxs
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did the middle piece first then the floor and then the other pieces. You want to make sure there are no gaps where they meet. If I remember correctly the front piece that runs under the pedals and heater needed to be positioned so that you got the best fit between the sides, bottom and top. Take your time and position the pieces dry first, then glue them down when know where they go.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FNGRUVN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a couple of these and I started with the seat pedestals first followed by the wheel hump pieces, then the center followed by the front two pieces. The two front mats go in last. I dry fit it first then glue it up a little at a time. Don't let the glue dry too long before fitting the pieces in case you need to adjust the fit. Be careful how you overlap the pedestal piece and the wheel hump piece around the battery lid. It will be obvious how it overlaps when you're there, just don't glue the wrong flap.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: