Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paint Stores in San Diego?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodofJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Paint Stores in San Diego? Reply with quote

I'm starting to make plans to paint my wife's bug. This will be my first time painting a car of any kind. So I'm just trying to read up, learn, and plan right now. Would probably like to start in a month or so.

Any recommendations for places to buy paint in San Diego? I know the Napa up by convoy sells paint, and there's a place on Clairmont Mesa Blvd, too. Just wondering if there there were any other places people had dealt with.

Thanks,
Jared
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
supersuk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't TCP Global in San Diego too? I'm not from Cali, but i've ordered a lot of supplies from them before...
68 Fastback Build: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5396323#5396323
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tram uses NAPA paints on his Mercedes etc.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rays-64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supersuk wrote:
Isn't TCP Global in San Diego too? I'm not from Cali, but i've ordered a lot of supplies from them before...

They are in San Diego. Check them out on the web. Not sure if them accept walk-ins. They have everything for painting a car
slamit12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearny Mesa Auto Paint Supply on Clairemont Mesa Blvd/Convoy are a family owned business. Competitive prices if you are buying a lot, nice guys who actually like give advice to a newbie and care what you are doing. They have always flowed me the VIP discount. I am doing a complete on bus and spent a small fortune there in paint/paper/ect... TCP global on Miramar also, but they are kinda expensive, hard to get service, and advice. They have everything, but more mail order oriented. I tend to try to support local, so go to KMAPS the family there is nice and if you need some advice they are glad to help you figure things out. Not open on weekends though I think.
offshores
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve heard good things about Kearny Mesa Auto Paint Supply. In fact, they had an ad on Clist a while back about renting out their spray booth. I called about it and got a really helpful guy on the phone. TCP has all the goods, too, but the staff isn’t overly impressive.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rays-64 wrote:
supersuk wrote:

They are in San Diego. Check them out on the web. Not sure if them accept walk-ins. They have everything for painting a car

They are in in San Diego off Miramar. I buy all my supplies from them at the counter. Expect lengthy wait times.. even with one customer ahead of me I had waited in excess of half an hour to an hour. They like to chit chat with every customer and delay processing of sales. I've seen people walk in behind me and turn around and leave to come back later.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: