Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolkzBitz - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VolkzBitz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
VWTechBob Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: even brand new carburetors need Tim's magic touch Reply with quote

After hearing, and reading all of the high praise for Tim on the Samba, we called him and explained the problem we were having with brand new *out of the factory box* 34 pict. 3 Bocar/Mex carbs. They just wouldn't hold an idle! We sent 7 *and counting* brand new carburetors to him. Here's what he did: quote " I stripped one down first to see if there was anything obvious, but couldn’t
see anything. I then put each one on my Ghia. At first most were running a
little rough. Nearly all the adjustments were quite a way out, when this
happens it can be hard to get them re-adjusted properly. After some
adjustments, I got all of them running as they should, with a nice smooth
idle.
I then checked each one out again, and I also adjusted the
accelerator pumps on each one, some were off. I put vacuum caps on all the
rear facing vacuum ports." A+++ service & repair from Tim, you can count on it! Thanks Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my second carb from Tim and it's a work of art. I won't get to try it for a month or so but I'm sure it will work fine. The last one I got from him has made my engine run perfectly right out of the box.
Top notch work and service. Highly recommended. Very Happy
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Super Beetle Andy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Rebuilt Solex Carburetor Reply with quote

I finally got your carb installed this weekend. WOW, WOW, WOW!! What a difference in performance and starting. The little bug now has about twice the performance as before and it starts right up too after it's been warmed up. The prior Chinese carburetor was a total disaster right out of the box. It leaked gas both internally and externally through the throttle plate bushings. And it would not start after it had been warmed up!

Your Solex carb made the car really perform excellent. Also, I have not had a problem with it leaking gas into the cylinders overnight either. The Chinese carb did it right out of the box.

I have been fighting with this car since I bought it two years ago. Was getting ready to sell it if I could get it to run correctly. But now, it just like a new machine. Purrs right along and has power to spare climbing the hills around here where I live. Thank you soo much for your excellent carburetor. I'm very happy with it.
davepritz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Tim on Monday and asked if he could send me a carburetor before Friday so I could make it to a show. I'm in Atlanta he sent the carb the next day and I received 2 days later WOW this dude rocks. My bus is purring like a kitten. If you have any doubts about this seller don't just let him do his thing and be prepared to be happy.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a restored 34PICT-3 from Volksbitz. Super easy transaction, excellent quality, simple to follow instructions and the carb runs perfect. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fubeca12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: 30 PICT 3 Reply with quote

I had a leaky carb on my 1500 and decided to buy from Tim's stock rather than wait for mine to be shipped and rebuilt.

I got the carb yesterday and put it on and with a minimal adjustment to the fast idle screw I was off and running. Drove to work this morning and my motor is responsive and acting like a 1500 SP should.

Thanks, I have more VW's and plan on using you again and again!
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my rebuilt carb back from Tim for my '67 Beetle. This is my second carb from Tim, the last one I bought off his shelf but this time I sent him the one I already had. He fixed a stripped out screw, cleaned everything up like new, and it ran perfect out of the box. Amazing work once again, Tim. You really can't beat the quality and workmanship for price.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim is the best! I've dealt with him numerous times and I couldn't have been happier every single time! He's a super cool guy to chat with, super fast turn around, and shipping time is as fast as it gets! Any time I need a carb restored, Tim will ALWAYS get my business!
LivinInnaVWBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed my fresh 30pict that Tim built for my daily driver. This bus has logged about 60K on it the past 2-3 years, I have ZERO doubt Tim's rebuilt carb will push me reliably through another 60k miles +. I've been driving and repairing strictly air cooled VWs for the past decade and have used many carbs from many rebuilders. Being a prior customer of Mark Harney, I'm difficult to impress. Tim, color me impressed.
You'll be getting more of my business.
BDSBSS23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a carburetor from him and very impressed with how clean and snug everything was. My bus now runs beautifully. Thank you. I will buy more carburetors from him
Pillar repair with 65 bus
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530360
northernopposition
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Only one problem.... Reply with quote

The only problem with the carb I just got from Tim is that it makes the rest of my engine look bad.......

it's been said before....it's a work of art. Pretty and my double cab runs way better now. All my skanky old carbs will now go to Volkzbitz. Thanks Tim!
Sunny Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Solex 34 pict 3 bushing repair Reply with quote

Tim just did my Solex bushings, great to do business with very professional and excellent turn around time, my baby is back on the road.
Perfect job, thanks Tim
I have another one coming your way in a little bit!

If you need your carb redone you can't go wrong with Volkzbitz.
Gary Haberman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: 2nd carb from Tim Reply with quote

Clearly Tim is a perfectionist-just installed my second carb I purchased from him for my '62 T1-what a difference! When I bought the car a few years ago, the PO said the carb was rebuilt recently-it did look clean but works nowhere as good as the one I installed from Tim. I strongly recommend having him installed the barbed fuel inlet as well. While this carb cost me $218 shipped, it cannot possibly compare to the new Chinese crap for the same price (without the barbed inlet) plus shipping-Keep your car as German as possible-order your next carb from Tim.
BTW-I did ask him if he would consider rebuilding fuel pumps but he said he is too busy with carbs-too bad!
LivinInnaVWBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, air cooled VW engine building was my main income. After putting thousands of miles on one of Tim's rebuilds in my daily driver, with confidence I can say in my opinion his work is the best in the industry.
PS, get the barbed fitting. It may save you from an engine fire, undoubtedly worth the money.

If you want to extend the life of your newly built carb, oil bath filters cleaned and re-oiled every 1500 miles provides the most efficient filtration.
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a bind needing a new carb right now, and I didn't want to throw my money away on carp like EMPI or Bocar. So I got in contact with Tim and he was fast and accomadating. I live just north of him, so I was able to just pick up the carb and got the pleasure of meeting him. I would have chatted more with him but I was in a hurry. Within 30 minutes of getting back home, I had the carb installed, tuned, and I was driving down the road. My car has never run better.

His carbs are absolutely beautiful, they look like they belong in a museum, behind glass, with a plaque telling you the history. I have to wonder if they looked that good new. He takes great pride in his work and customer service.

If you need a carb, give Tim a call or email, he's a great guy who does great work!
205T (Bill)
BUDDASAM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a month of trying to get my Bocar to stop dying or get rid of the hesitation I finally decided to get a new German Solex. I found all these great reviews about Tim and thought I would give him my business. Boy am I glad I did. Just received my rebuilt 34 pict 3 today from Tim. It was beautiful and it only took two days to get to me. I installed it this morning and barely had to adjust the bypass screw and the volume control. The idle on my bus is actually an idle and no more hesitation. Best decision I could have made. If your looking for a carb Tim is the man to contact, you will not be disappointed.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim came through once again! I have ordered numerous carbs from Tim and each and every one has been perfect. His communication and professionalism is always top notch and he has always gotten the carb to me super fast. Thanks again, Tim!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding work and service!, Tim hooked me up with a specific base number and had it in my mailbox in a week, looks and runs like new.
Thanks Tim!

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Sudar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: POSITIVE FEEDBACK Reply with quote

I purchased a 30PICT2 carb from Tim. It's beautiful and works great with my original distributor on my wife's auto-stick Ghia. Through several emails and Tim searching through his pile of carbs, he found one with a Flange number for year ghia we own. Very quick responses and delivery! If I ever need another Carb I will definitely go to Tim at Volkzbitz!!!!!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks shout out to Tim at Volkzbitz, I received my carb back today and I cannot believe it is the same carburetor!

it looks brand new, I will have installed by the end of the week and cannot wait for my bug to be running great again! Thanks Tim!!

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: