Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

trans issues
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: trans issues Reply with quote

The trans in my bus (w/RGB's) has serious problems. 4th gear has been popping out when under loads like hills when I hit a bump for about a year now. I would usually shift back in and keep going but yesterday it wouldn't go back in- it would just grind like I missed a shift; I went to third and drove to my destination. At the end of the day when I put it in 1st and 2nd gear it acted like my brakes where seizing up or my e-brake was engaged. I got it home, dropped the engine, jacked up the vehicle and found that in 1st and 2nd gear (with wheels off the ground) the trans is locked when I try to turn both the wheels in the same direction at the same time. I can't get 3rd gear, and 4th still spins the input shaft when I spin the wheels together. I drained the gear oil and only found just under 2 quarts in the trans but both boots are dry. Could that much have leaked out of the input shaft seal or the nose cone? I'm guessing the trans has turned into a "core". Any insight and advise is appreciated. Thanks
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a rebuild. Sorry.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy076
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the drive teeth broke off of 4th gear. Be glad you made it home. Your tranny has given it's all. Time to replace it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: