Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

One piece windows back to vent windows-no welding edition
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbrewer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject: One piece windows back to vent windows-no welding edition Reply with quote

I started with this link, but I didn't want to have to mess with the paint. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=514517&highlight=vent+windows

I sourced a pair of donor doors and used a spot rivet removing drill bit to remove the channels
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Made some channel supports from the door sheetmetal, using a 1X2 piece of lumber as a buck
I decided to go with the 3M Panel Adhesive for the channel supports instead of welding
Everything else just went together.

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Today 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: One piece windows back to vent windows-no welding edition Reply with quote

Nice job, I'm in the same boat but still in the early stages of the build. I will weld mine back in. I found very nice doors for my 56 but they were made into the one piece glass . I want the vent windows back in them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: