Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Light Problem- *UPDATE*
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatterBon
Samba Engine Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
vw_hank, Not only do I know John Morris, but I worked for him and Semper Dad and I went to the XXX burger meet in a "brigade" Laughing But again, thank you all for the replies..The reason why I said John was my resort was that I know is work schedule and I know all the tools and what not he has to make sure I do everything correctly. I go to school in the morning (I'm a senior in high school) and I work almost every night, 6 hour shifts so 13 hours of the majority of my days are taken up. So it's hard to coordinate schedules. But Semper Dad, I think I'll take you up on your offer..Tomorrow I don't have work so I could come by after school..I had my dad pick me up an oil pressure switch from Schmucks O'Reilly and its was for a BMW Rolling Eyes so I have a bit more hunting to do..
1973 Standard Beetle
1969 Cessna 172K Airplane
1959 Karmann Ghia
US Army CH-47 Chinook Helicopter Repairer
PatterBon
Samba Engine Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here's what I've found today..I went and got a mechanical guage from the FLAPS today and fired her up..Well it didn't occur to me that maybe I should make sure the fitting is tight in the case..After an alarming amount of oil shot out of the side of my case (good pressure) I shut off the engine and cleaned up a bit...So I reinstalled the guage after setting it up how it's supposed to be and was running about 10PSI at hot idle Very Happy

I also discovered that the oil pressure wire was heavily frayed at the connector and it actually broke off at the connector when I pulled the wire off of the switch. So perhaps this could have been my problem too? Only a nice long highway drive will tell..I'll let you all know more in the next day or two.
1973 Standard Beetle
1969 Cessna 172K Airplane
1959 Karmann Ghia
US Army CH-47 Chinook Helicopter Repairer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: