Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LED light for the Westy interior
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
stevey88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: LED light for the Westy interior Reply with quote

I wanted to go for the brightest festoon LED light for my Westy but the kit from VC is too expansive for me. So I bought three from ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Interior-Dome-12-SMD-LED-F...3366d43654

12 LED packages and each have three LED die on. I bought the 42mm version but the PCB is too wide to put in the clips. I have to grind off a bit of the clips for it to fit. But for $2.59 each shipped ( don't know why they have to ship it in 3 separate packages ), I can not complain. The 36mm version 9 LED may fit without mod but I am not sure. The 16LED version is not as bright as there are only 1 LED die in each LED package.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The LED is very bright and you don't want tot look at it directly. Wish they have a version that is warmer.

87 Westfalia full camper 4 speed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: