Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hose recommendations?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: hose recommendations? Reply with quote

What hose do you all use/recommend for using to supply an external oil cooler and filter ?
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bcollum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you plan on using barbed fittings or -AN? I normally use -8AN fittings and SS braided hose.
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.russellperformance.com/
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FV195
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AN with SS lines is the onlt way to go.
mock up lines with rubber hose, to get your length, and how you plan to route them.
I am lucky enough to have a local place that will make them on the spot.
plan well, do it right. do it only once. saves money in the end
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the hose but the AN connectors ? -- Look at the photo, that is my first T-4 914, the two hoses come from the 914 stock oil cooler location and goes to a Type IV oil cooler in a Doghouse T-1 fanhousing.

The engine was built in 1989 23 years ago, original hose on barbed brass fitting from a hardware store and I used the standard worm screw hose clamps, never a leak.

So ok the AN will be better and cooler looking and for sure it won't leak.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot the photo of the hoses.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brass fittings are very restrictive with the inside needing a lot of port work to flow correctly. That is a big advantage of going to something like an AN fitting that is radiused and does not restrict flow. I would look at something lik XRP fittings and hoses. There are a lot of choices in hose as well and a lot of weight savings to be had with still being reliable compared to braided covered hose. If you are going to go with braided hose I would look into the ones with teflon coated on the inside-the fittings used for these are a bit different but the hose flows and lasts longer.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: