Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake Booster Vacuum Hose
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
I wonder if they are interchangeable?

i would say not. in a pinch maybe but not the same part.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, My local VW Parts House only stocked one. I bought the last one at $2.95. The one I got has the recesses in the rim.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubluvv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got a hard plastic hose from aeromech. It's not a two-piece one but I think I can at least make it work with some 15/32" hose attached at the other end. Thanks for all of the input.

'76 Westy 2.0L FI "Lucy" Project Thread
'84 Rabbit L Diesel - Potential Greasecar Project

[quote="chazz79"]"Aw honey, I got another one of those bay-bus things on my shoe again...dammit"[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the black rubber seals/bushings that go in the bell shaped ends of the hose. They are very similar to the ones used in the plastic brake fluid hose coming from the reservoir.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kinggeorge13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: How to remove vacuum hose check valve for brake booster Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have a problem so simple, I just cannot figure out the best/safest way to do it. I need to replace the check valve in the vacuum hose that goes to the brake booster. 1975 Westfalia camper but it has a 2.0 Litre Westy engine in it. The valve is located right over the engine and the vacuum hose is the original fairly hard plastic black hosing. One end over the valve stem (engine side) has a clamp, the other side does not. Where the stems are rammed into the hoses, the hoses are stretched plenty wider than the rest of the hosing. Therein lies my problem. How do I get that hose off the valve stems/connectors? I removed the one clamp but I can tell you, pulling/wiggling lots has gained nothing. I sure don't want to damage those hoses. I suppose I could go at it with a hair dryer to try and soften it but surely guys in repair garages don't pull out a hair dryer? Thanks!
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Scott at German Supply. He sells the valves and I am sure he has done this swap more times than most. You will only get one chance to do it right. With 35 year old plastic you are very wise to ask for advice. Perhaps he will chime in. The way those valve ends are they are meant to almost be a one time install. Are you sure the check valve is shot? I would not put any direct heat to the plastic tubing without first hearing from someone who has made the mistakes and knows exactly how to do it correctly. Good luck!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: