Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 wiper switch in 1966 Beetle
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakdak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Type 3 wiper switch in 1966 Beetle Reply with quote

The car I am working on at the moment is an Australian 1966 1300 Beetle. This would be the equivalent of about a 1961-1964 US Beetle.

The question is regarding the fitting of a Type 3 wiper switch to the standard wiper motor.

The old wiper switch that was the "Turn" to switch on and pull to operate the washer type. With the rubber bulb behind the switch. I changed the switch due to the rubber diaphragm being perished and virtually missing. The connectors were 54, 54d and 31b on both the switch and wiper motor.

The "new" switch I have acquired (P/N 315.955.517) has the connectors 53, 53a and 53e and is the pull to switch on, with the push button in the middle to operate the washer. The closest wiring diagram I have been able to find is this one http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/type3_1500N_64_other.jpg The diagram shows the switch having a 15 connector, which mine doesn't have. Does anyone know which connector on the switch goes to the connectors on the wiper motor. It appears to be a single speed type, and the electrics have been previously converted to 12V. I don't believe this should make a difference, and have a voltage step-down for the wiper motor.

Any help will be appreciated.

JFK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: