Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Coolest VW yard EVER, at least in S-E USA! Sunray Bugs
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
Seems to me you squandered a profitable business opportunity.

The way your 'business' handled its stock it appears you were too lazy and ignorant to realize the opportunity you had.if you had approached a bank with a realistic business plan a loan could have been secured to begin compliance work,the county would have worked with you had you tried to comply..its in the countys interest that your business create tax revenue.

From the pictures you posted your business is a blight and a ecological hazard,perhaps in the interest of profit you helped some people restore some cars,but in the big picture you made us all look bad.

johnnypan,,whats up been waiting for you in this thread man!.. Laughing

going back to what the OP says about "grey area" and "grandfathered in", heres the deal as i see and being in business for myself and having to comply with my local city/gov with respect to licensing,,,

I have to have 3 things hanging on my wall at me place of biz'
1, business lic
2, dealer lic
3, seller permit/resale lic

Now wether or not theres a grand fathered in zoning decision no matter what it is, what your allowed to do as a biz' is posted on your license, my says "automotive dealer, automotive repair" almost everywhere else in country works about the same way, citys just dont tell you your grandfathered in on what you allowed to do without putting it in writing.
, so your info and long winded posts read as dribble because you dont really say much, nor have commen knowledge of that business.

Getting to the point where corky is now has been going on for a long time, my guess 18-30 months, and sounds as if he just ignored it, had a bad laywer handling it or just didnt care and thought it would go away, now he' you whoever is in the mess your in.

the clean up bill from the city will not be cheap, there not doing that for free by the way, the next step will probably be the DEC to come in and do an enviromental test on the soil and grounds and that will be another whole mess, i have seen this stuff happen in the past, the issues at hand there are only starting your far from over with this deal. The DEC and EPA is the ones that will bury your or whoever in fines and clean up, not to mention that if the area is large enough with enough contamination they label it a "Superfund" site and it can not be used for anything or any business, and the property owner gets fucked out of his land if i remember well
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sunray Bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobotomy wrote:
Okay, can someone clarify whether or not Sunray is out of business for good?

Hi Lobotomy. No, we are not out of business for good. We have been forced to discontinue the salvage yard portion of the business. We are still licensed for car sales, repairs, the sale of new and used parts and most importantly, we are zoned correctly for it.

Because of the urgent nature of the issue, we are focusing ALL of our resources on compliance and the crushing and recycling of the scrap metal, etc.
(352) 521-5660

For information FREE of The Dramba, please visit our Facebook page!
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, at this point the damage is done. Sunray can try to sweep things under the rug as much as he wants, but the fact of the matter is irreversible damage has been done to the public's perception of this place of business. Most people will be hesitant to do business with them after the events that have transpired...Arguing anything else at this point is moot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lobotomy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunray Bugs wrote:
Lobotomy wrote:
Okay, can someone clarify whether or not Sunray is out of business for good?

Hi Lobotomy. No, we are not out of business for good. We have been forced to discontinue the salvage yard portion of the business. We are still licensed for car sales, repairs, the sale of new and used parts and most importantly, we are zoned correctly for it.

Because of the urgent nature of the issue, we are focusing ALL of our resources on compliance and the crushing and recycling of the scrap metal, etc.

So does this mean I could pick up a pair of fenders in a week or so? Or are you guys taking a break from doing business?
1958 Honda c-100
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dape
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Sun Ray Bugs Reply with quote

So what's the bottom line? Is Sun Ray Bugs selling cars or is it too late?
Sunray Bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobotomy wrote:

So does this mean I could pick up a pair of fenders in a week or so? Or are you guys taking a break from doing business?

Hi Lobotomy. Things should be a lot calmer by then. Should not be a problem.
(352) 521-5660

Sunray Bugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sun Ray Bugs Reply with quote

Dape wrote:
So what's the bottom line? Is Sun Ray Bugs selling cars or is it too late?

Hi Dape,

It is not too late for the rebuildable cars. There will be a number of cars for sale when this is all over. We pulled many of the best cars that are decent rebuildable project cars to a safe location that is zoned correctly. We have some running cars that could be considered drivers that will be for sale. We have cars that are partially restored that need just a little work that will be for sale. We also have some very unique or unusual vehicles that were put aside because we did not want to see them crushed including 5 Type 34 Ghias. They are rough, but a professional that has welding and restoration skills could certainly build perhaps 2 cars out of the 5 and have parts left over.

It is too late for the junk cars. For instance cars that are in advanced stages of cancer, too far gone, wrecked, cut up, etc. We have contracted with Fosters Salvage to crush these junk cars and they will be recycled.

Please be sure to "like" our Facebook page. The Facebook page will serve as the main source of information in the future.
(352) 521-5660

johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this whole dance is an advertising hustle...shameless..

ClassicCarGuy.....your looking at a boatride...there is money back a few steps from the principals in this concern,I dont think they thought the process all the way through,the toxic cleanup part of the county equation isnt the 'push' they thought getting rid of their junk cars would be.The generator is responsible for the hazmat generated,even if its hauled off and processed,its still yours. By relinquishing it the cleanup to the county you are responsible for the costs but have no control over the method...hazmat teams,specialized hauling,lifetime maintenace of facilities,stormwater impact and aquifier issues...and they will take all of your assets...hopefully these indviduals were smart enough to protect their personal assets,I dont see a judge being leinient to their cause..
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMByers wrote:
Foxx,

Since you're one of the moderators on thesamba, I'm surprised at your post. Posts like that is what seemed to have gotten this thread locked a couple of times. Far be it for me to play thesamba etiquette patrol...just saying...you're pouring fuel on the fire.

oh i'm not allowed to have an opinion on this crapfest of only hearts and flowers allowed by sunray? no one else is allowed to have anything else to say despite crappy treatment by same sunray, either the man who couldn't deal or the one posting that wants help but refuses to post any kind of list or updates on what they actuly have for sale?
i'm not allowed to do this because i'm a body mod? WTF?
bo,.i am an adult and i don't need permission to cry bullshit.
you ain't the the samba etiquette patrol either.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunray Bugs wrote:
GMByers wrote:
Foxx,

Since you're one of the moderators on thesamba, I'm surprised at your post. Posts like that is what seemed to have gotten this thread locked a couple of times. Far be it for me to play thesamba etiquette patrol...just saying...you're pouring fuel on the fire.

I would have to agree with you there. This has been a very unfriendly thread. Very disappointing

MODERATOR:
1.) a person given special power to enforce the rules on an internet forum, newsgroup or blog
2.) An arbitrator or mediator.

look up the word HOARDER too seeing you looking things up. look up pity party too and then look up Selling and how it is soo much different then Hoarder.
Quote:
According to Sanjaya Saxena, MD, director of the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders Program at the University of California, San Diego, compulsive hoarding in its worst forms can cause fires, unclean conditions (e.g. rat and roach infestations),[8] injuries from tripping on clutter, and other health and safety hazards.[9]

The hoarder may believe that the hoarded items are very valuable, or know that the accumulated items are useless but keep them anyway, or attach a strong personal value to items which other people claim would have little or no value. A hoarder of the first kind may show off a cutlery set claiming it to be made of silver and mother-of-pearl, disregarding the fact that the packaging clearly states the cutlery is made of steel and plastic.

A hoarder of the second type may have a refrigerator filled with uneaten food items months past their expiration dates, but in some cases vehemently resists any attempts by relatives to dispose of the unusable food. In other cases, the hoarder will recognize the need to clean the refrigerator but due (in part) to feelings that doing so would be an exercise in futility, and overwhelmed by the similar condition of the rest of their living space, fails to do so.

Hoarders of the third type often keep "collections" as a hobby, such as linens and clothing, personal care items, small toys and trinkets, or old tools and machinery.

Quote:
Selling is offering to exchange something of value for something else. The something of value being offered may be tangible or intangible. The something else, usually money, is most often seen by the seller as being of equal or greater value than that being offered for sale.

Another person or organization expressing an interest in acquiring the offered thing of value is referred to as a potential buyer, prospective customer or prospect. Buying and selling are understood to be two sides of the same "coin" or transaction. Both seller and buyer engage is in a process of negotiation to consummate the exchange of values. The exchange, or selling, process has implied rules and identifiable stages. It is implied that the selling process will proceed fairly and ethically so that the parties end up nearly equally rewarded. The stages of selling, and buying, involve getting acquainted, assessing each party’s need for the other’s item of value, and determining if the values to be exchanged are equivalent or nearly so, or, in buyer's terms, "worth the price.”

Quote:
pity party A way of experiencing grief, in which you spend your time feeling sorry for yourself and whining endlessly about how crappy your life is/or how others treat you .

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
So this whole dance is an advertising hustle...shameless..

ClassicCarGuy.....your looking at a boatride...there is money back a few steps from the principals in this concern,I dont think they thought the process all the way through,the toxic cleanup part of the county equation isnt the 'push' they thought getting rid of their junk cars would be.The generator is responsible for the hazmat generated,even if its hauled off and processed,its still yours. By relinquishing it the cleanup to the county you are responsible for the costs but have no control over the method...hazmat teams,specialized hauling,lifetime maintenace of facilities,stormwater impact and aquifier issues...and they will take all of your assets...hopefully these indviduals were smart enough to protect their personal assets,I dont see a judge being leinient to their cause..

YEP YOUR RIGHT JOHNNYPAN,,,, the hazmat clean up in these cases can cost in the tens of thousands of dollars or more for a clean up and usually devestate the small biz owner financially, and the DEC or EPA doesnt care if it was that way when they got it, if your the last user on the land its your responsiblity end of story,,,!
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Harveybacon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. "People this what Sunray looks like now" -Michele Hurst Wilson from Lake Panasoffkee, FL (Thanks Michele for the pics and description!):
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very front of office.

office.I think the orange van is the one on the Video of Corky's video

Going in beside the office.

Storage and 2nd gate right of office.

This is the far right side of the main building.Edge of the yard.

This is the end result of this clean-up event. I wanted everyone to get a chance to know how it looked, thanks to Michele, we now know. It changed a lot! Glad I got the video of how it did look. This thread will be locked again, so that we can truly leave this be. Thanks for all the interest, and happy V-Dubbing!

1971 Campmobile
M-Plate: http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-6571.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some recent news stories

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/2012/jan/14/pa...ar-347217/

http://jalopnik.com/5878191/massive-vintage-vw-graveyard-is-the-latest-junkyard-casualty

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/19/hundreds-of-vintage-vws-scrapped-over-florida-zoning-w-video/

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/2012/jan/14/pa...ar-347217/
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: