Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I got a single cab!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just in from Poland, NOS tailgate latch. It was cheaper to buy than spend an hour trying to get the original back to shape. The blue bus in the previous pics will be gone tomorrow and work should be ramping up.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

Getting back up to speed. New ball joints, tie rods and ends. Good beam from BusCo with adjusters installed. Enamel black paint.

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

my hauler will be in FLA soon. get that thing rolling so we can Subaru the hell out of it Very Happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

No sense in sending it north until I get a five speed to go with it. And I'm not sure how she'll handle the climate considering she spent her life in Florida, Hawaii and southern California.

we need a beer drinking emoticon
vwbusman66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

what tires are you running on the phone dials? doing a similar setup on my 79 and need correctly rated tires.
Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
I'm going with a Fiat 500 engine, swingaxle T-3 tranny, 13" custom wheels with rubberband tires, hydraulic suspension so I can lift only one wheel off the ground (any one I desire). 2" shag carpeting on the walls and ceiling with 12"square laminate on the floors. Opting out the stock tail lights for '50s Fords. And a Cyclops light on the roof just like the splitties.

Promise me you will put astroturf on the bed!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

vwbusman66 wrote:
what tires are you running on the phone dials? doing a similar setup on my 79 and need correctly rated tires.

Bro....it's under construction. Who the hell knows? I may scrap the dials and go with Centerlines.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
I'm going with a Fiat 500 engine, swingaxle T-3 tranny, 13" custom wheels with rubberband tires, hydraulic suspension so I can lift only one wheel off the ground (any one I desire). 2" shag carpeting on the walls and ceiling with 12"square laminate on the floors. Opting out the stock tail lights for '50s Fords. And a Cyclops light on the roof just like the splitties.

Promise me you will put astroturf on the bed!

John, for you...I'll put down real sod if you like.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

Got some more bits cleaned up and ready for paint.

Also took apart, cleaned and regreased the clutch arm.
kkrol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

I found this 68 single cab parked next to a in northern Ohio in 1998. After talking to the owner, I was able to haul it away. After I got the the engine running, new brakes and some electrical work. I use it as a survivor/work truck on my property as well as the neighbors.
The PO told me it was formerly a parts delivery truck for a Arizona VW dealer.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

That's great, kkrol. I know you are loving that truck!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT! 2 years and 3 months? WTF? Jerry got her out of the moth balls and rolled her on her side to determine where we left off and where to start back up. I'm going to see her this weekend. Shocked

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
HOLY SHIT! 2 years and 3 months? WTF?

my math says it's closer to 9 years. your anniversary is in 24 days Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

If only you had Subied it you would be Rooing by now...

Great build thread, from the euphoria, the almost sell, to the end....soon...

Keep at it.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
HOLY SHIT! 2 years and 3 months? WTF?

my math says it's closer to 9 years. your anniversary is in 24 days Laughing

2.3 since the last time it was touched, but who's counting.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

All of us here, Babysnakes. That's all.

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

I am happy for you, BabySnakes. It will get there, and looks like it is well on its way. I feel for you, too. It took over 10 years of ownership and 6 years on the rotisserie to get my DC back on the road.

Last edited by jtauxe on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
I am happy for you, BabySnakes. It will get there, and looks like it is well on its way. I feel for you, too.

Thanks.

Sooooo......this truck was run hard and put away wet. Someone in Hawaii had some serious fun. Body guy sent a bunch of pics last night of the front cross member. The thing is FILLED with clay. Shocked

Beginning to cut the whole piece out.

I somewhat shit my pants because now I need to order the front cross member from Schofield (may as well get the rear one too). This is going to cut into the time process. So I call Jerry and we talk about it. I tell him I found some nice quality cross members and is there anything else he can do while we wait for delivery. He says "Dude, you ordered those a few years back, I have both of them". Me... Embarassed
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

Happens to the best of us, and happens more as we age..... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I got a single cab! Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
Happens to the best of us, and happens more as we age..... Cool

No shit. I can't count the number of times that I think, "Oh, I'm gonna need that! I should get one." only to find that I must have had the same thought before, because now I have 3 of them.

They say that the memory is the second thing to go.

And, BabySnakes, if it is any help at all to your builder, he is free to browse this photo archive that contains many details of the metalwork, part 1:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipOoxd39vl...lvTTY1WVpB

and part 2:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipPrNGr1s3...VKQTYxNEtR

Note that these are by default in reverse chronological order, more or less.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 20

Jump to: