Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Roll Bar Bolts
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pbotsonis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Roll Bar Bolts Reply with quote

I have been trying to sell my original roll bar for a while now and decided to just throw it in my car. Anyways does anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the roll bar together, the bolts that hold the bar to car car, and finally and most importantly the bolts that go in the door pillars.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we to assume this is a Thing Shop "show bar"?

The bolts should be the largest diameter that can fit in the holes. Length should be long enough so that 2 to 3 threads are exposed after passing through any tubes, pans, plates, washers and nuts. Don't forget to use backing plates behind any sheet metal.

As for the pillar bolts,...I looked in the part catalog but no luck
Pbotsonis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is pretty much like the TTS show bar.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a copy of the orignal VW rollbar documentation. ZVW 148-283

The pillar bolts are 8MM x 1" bolts

Everything else calls for 3/8" x 1 1/2" bolts, lockwashers and nuts
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Roll Bar Bolts Reply with quote

Pbotsonis wrote:
I have been trying to sell my original roll bar for a while now and decided to just throw it in my car. Anyways does anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the roll bar together, the bolts that hold the bar to car car, and finally and most importantly the bolts that go in the door pillars.
Thanks

I am interested in buying it it if you can ship it to me in Virginia.
Pbotsonis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll Bar Bolts Reply with quote

NOVA Airhead wrote:
Pbotsonis wrote:
Thanks

I am interested in buying it it if you can ship it to me in Virginia.

That has been the deal breaker. The only way to ship it is to freight it and it isn't cheap to freight it. But I like it better then the bar I have in the car now so It's worth keeping
kanaka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semper Dad,

Any way to scan and post that document?
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanaka wrote:
Semper Dad,

Any way to scan and post that document?

Is this good enough? If not PM your e-mail address and I'll send you a full size in PDF

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

kanaka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats perfect!

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: