Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring Mess
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebaMarie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Wiring Mess Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've got a 69 beetle that the former owner put a baja kit on and in the process he messed with the wiring. I'm not sure just where the wiring harness that I ordered from Jbugs goes because the old wiring harness was ripped out. (Part of it was cut and left in the pathway in the rear of the body and he ran his wiring through the heater channel Confused ) I've got about half of it where I think it should be but the other half I'm not sure. I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever used the Bug Me vol. 9 video? Does anyone know how much it might cost to have it intalled? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mr Whippy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the drop down headings at the top of the screen, the technical one has heaps of wiring diagrams, including the one for your car.

The bugs wiring is very simple. If you work on one system at a time it is quite easy.

First to tackle is the starting and charging system, then the lights, then the indicators, then the wipers and remaining switches.

If you can afford it though I'd recommend a new wiring loom, especially if you are not use to doing wiring, in the long run it will be more reliable
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: