Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why is this allowed?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vw_hank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Why is this allowed? Reply with quote

xxxxx wrote:
you would be much better off if you spoke eeengorhish, so some people could understand what the eff you are talking about!(Mark from floriduuu might understand you)

I see post like this on thesamba every day! The guy offers no advice! No help! No information regarding the subject..

Just rude insults!!

And people (including moderators) just let it happen,, Why?

Is this really what the VW community is all about? people being judged by there ability to spell and or type, instead of who thy are, and what kinda person thy are..

I understand that we git into heated debates on here from time to time, and some times people say things that git out of hand, but even then I'd like to think we are all friends, and friends argue and some times we even call each other jack ass-is, dumb shits, Hell I have even went as far as calling some one A Douchebag Embarassed

But people going into threads and insulting people, calling people out on personal levels, Ext... I just dont git it??

The quote above, tells A guy to speck English! Is this not A world wide web site?? some of the best, most knowledgeable people on this site dont live in the US! some dont even live in English specking countries!

Last edited by vw_hank on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderation has been lax, seems like.
On the one hand it is a good sign, being sort of democratic about things.

But there have been a few times, where we get one of these grammar chieftons complaining, and it turns out the poster IS from some country nobody ever heard of, and that is quite embarrassing.

Then on the other hand there are some good running jokes
This guy spencerFV's posts tend to be like a big long rambling run-on sentence, and people kept telling him to use more periods.

SO
Now at the end of every post he puts like 50 periods in a row
It looks like some kind of sig line, but it ain't
hahahaha
nobody asking for more periods anymore!
Brilliant!
That guys awright with me
doc1369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderators do their best. I've seen a lot of posts deleted and threads locked. Even had one of my posts deleted. I could take it as them picking on me personally but I know they have no idea who I am. That's the thing about the internet, it's not personal. It has it's advantages and its pit falls. As we say on the gamer side, don't feed the trolls.
vw_hank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't git me wrong,, I'm not blaming the mods! thy do A damn good job of keeping this place up and running as smoothly as possible. This site has A lot going on. I'm blaming the VW community!! If some one post 1000 words with zero periods, Pleas let them know there post is hard to read.. I have PM-ed guys in the past and told them
"I cant spell for shit! and your post was very hard for me to understand, you might try to make you question more clear if your going to get any replies"

BUT:
"you would be much better off if you spoke eeengorhish, so some people could understand what the eff you are talking about"
In A open forum with 1000's of readers! is that really necessary? No its not!
Campmobile Chris74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm responding to this thread before it gets locked down.

vw_hank wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
you would be much better off if you spoke eeengorhish, so some people could understand what the eff you are talking about!(Mark from floriduuu might understand you)

I see post like this on thesamba every day! The guy offers no advice! No help! No information regarding the subject..

Just rude insults!!

And people (including moderators) just let it happen,, Why?

Hank is right! Shit like this goes on everyday on this site

Quote:
Knee grow pleaseeee! Confused

Quote:
That's in the works Knee Grow. But they are talking about hosting the BDM Dinner a few nights before the gathering.

Quote:
Probably not Knee Grow! I think we'd end up taking part of the Mayhem that goes on in the Jersey Shore.

Quote:
Interestingly I notice any person with a rice burner with a spoiler thinks they need to show ya' something.

Quote:
I'm just pissed because of all the ways buy it, racing a fucking rice burner would not be my first choice. Good luck man.

And the moderators don't do a f_king thing about it. Seems like they are only worried about duplicate threads and keeping post on topic.

I'm blaming the moderators!

If I get banned from this site , so be it. It just proves "They" are part of the problem and not the solution.

Racist are douchebags :fist: and I often wonder why I like a car that was started by the
Nazis'
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say
lets welcome all foreigners, criminals, semi-illiterates, Nazis, racists, and boy racers alike, to participate in the debate and exchange of info about VW related stuff.
We can all relate having a common and universal subject

If you don't like some particular kind of people, it's really not relevant.
And it's fine, as long as your not RUDE about it.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone hit
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
?

BTW... not every post is read and the mods do have lives outside of the Samba.

Just as law enforcement can't prevent everything and rely on the public for assistance with the "see something, say something" campaign, so does the Samba need the help of it's members in policing what's posted.

if you see something that violates the rules and is abusive, hit
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
or PM a moderator.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw_hank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Quote myself:
"I'm not blaming the mods! thy do A damn good job of keeping this place up and running as smoothly as possible. This site has A lot going on. I'm blaming the VW community!!"

We all come to this site to learn, and share knowledge, We all have A common love for VW's. Why cant we all show A little respect for the guy that might pull over to give us A hand some day Wink

If you cant read someones post, Move on..
Or send them A PM and let them know Its hard to read.
pointing, laughing, and calling names in front of 1000's of people isn't the way to do it...
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The larger the site, the wider the range of people who think, speak, type, behave differently than you do, and TheSamba.com is a very large site.

Glenn put it well. If you hit the "report button", we will review the post. You are not bothering us, you are helping. That is the only way to guarantee we see it since it would be impossible to read every post, check every ad, every gallery photo, etc. Only the administrators (Everett and me) see the reports and their accompanying comments, moderators do not.

It is a fact of modern life that some people are rude on the internet, but it is also difficult to determine sarcasm or humor at times. My advice would still be to hit "report" if you are bothered by something.

I'm going to lock this now since Everett prefers to be contacted by private email with complaints about site issues.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: