Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Narrowed beam question
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smitty24 wrote:
The old Nankangs are a very soft rubber. They dont last as long as better tires when used on low cars. They supposedly make a better compound nowadays, but I doubt it. It is all about cheaper products and more profit. Ive checked some of the new designs out= seem to be an exact copy of some of the General Tire designs. General's Altimax line is an EXCELLENT tire! Never had a complaint with them. Kumho used to be really bad= too soft of a compound is fine for modern "stock" passenger cars but don't do the best on slammed vws. On stock or mild drop, they are fine. Kumho can't be any better or much worse than the current Continental Smart line. Probably cost a bit less as well.

Nope, just looked them up= Kumho is not much different than Conti price!

I actually ran Kumho's on my old BMW and they seemed pretty good, a little noisy but they gripped to the road well and lasted just over 20k miles. Might look into a pair in a 145 and see how much they come out at.

If they are too expensive I might just stick with the Nankangs as my Bug isn't going to be my daily driver so they may well end up lasting me years. Laughing
Chalklinedetail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az67calbug wrote:
hehe! I will trade you. I have a narrowed 5.5 and I want a stock one. Well, really want a 2 inch narrow and drop spindles..

I need to run shocks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is it too late to trade you for a stock beam? Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: