Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interchangeable parts between Volkswagen and 356 Porsches.
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddball383
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Interchangeable parts between Volkswagen and 356 Porsches. Reply with quote

I have a total basket case (junk) 356 and unknown year. I want to build it as an outlaw 356 using mostly VW parts because everything Porsche is missing. Its a bare shell WITHOUT doors, windows, front clip, engine and trans, suspension parts and interior parts. I have a Speedster kit that I am going to cut up to get the front clip for my steel body hardtop. I plan on running Wide new style Porsche rims but want to keep it air cooled. So my question is will I be able to use VW torsion bars in the Porsche and what else will fit what might fit and what wont fit?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great candidate for a VW panectomy ! !

Check out my Pre-A Continental bastard:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/TeamEvil/3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/TeamEvil/88.jpg

Be sure to grab the inner front and rear VW interior bulkheads when you get the pan, they can be fitted inside the 356 shell and used as closing panels and chassis mounting point for a nice straight, strong, and weather proof car. Helps keep the mickey mouse fabrication down to a minimum, and looks pretty "factory" when you're done.

Luck,

TC
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: