Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dust Off # 1 Campbelltown Pa April 15, 2012
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
Yeah - Bugfest is April 28th at the Renaissance Fair location like last year done by HAVOC. This is a completely different show, but at the same venue that Bugfest USED to be at. Hoping to hit them both, but bringing a hoagie to this one - man, the line for food.......

Do you mean Volksfest? Either way, that should should enter its own thread & let this gentleman promote his gig at Campbelltown.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood - just was trying to clarify since I and some others always used to refer to Volksfest as "Campbelltown" - Hope there is a nice turn out.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Englishtown is scheduled for April 15th. The Central Jersey Volkswagen Society won't be able to make this one.

-jeffrey
jstickler1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catering is done breakfast starts at 8 lunch around 11.
chumbawumba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the same crotchety unfriendly old ladies that used to do the food for that OTHER show still going to be working.... or did you hopefully find an alternate food vender?
jstickler1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New staffing for the food
jstickler1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots have been completed since my last post. Shirts have been designed and being produced. Also there will be a limited run on stickers made for the show that will be handed out at registration. Still looking for prizes for the raffle. Hope to see you there.
Sharon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

March is flying by, and April will be here before you know it! First show for us is Campbelltown's Dust Off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for an "on the grass" show
Sharon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's less than 2 weeks away!
New show for a small town fire company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spanky324
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a little confused is this the regular Campbelltown show or not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky324 wrote:
Im a little confused is this the regular Campbelltown show or not?

This is Campbelltown, a new show at the old place, organized & promoted by a different guy.

The other show is Volksfest & that is on April 28. See that thread for information.
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a watercooled show. Doesn't matter, I'll be at Englishtown anyway.

-jeffrey
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure hope theres a bit of aircooled there - taking the woodie to this show, but can't make VolksFest this year - totally bummed.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this a watercooled show or will there be aircooleds? If you want aircooleds then they should have been on the flyer as well. I'd like to know if this is mainly a watercooled show before I drive 2 hours expecting aircooleds and all it is is water and I get thoroughly pissed off wishing I had gone to Englishtown instead. Like others I thought this was "campbelltown"......a mainly aircooled show. I've been fooled before into driving to a show expecting aircooleds and all I saw was new cars....I can go to a car dealer to see that. Not trying to sound like a dick but it wastes a persons money and time.

Also having this the same exact day as Englishtown is going to hurt your participation, you may want to think about that for next year.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know for sure, this is a first time show. Unfortunately, most likely a lot of VW folk will think this it the HAVOC Volkfest that used to be held at the same venue in "Campbelltown" but it's not. FWIW, this venue is the same one who pulled the plug on HAVOC two years ago forcing them to find a new location at the last minute. I don't know all the details but that wasn't very cool. Turns out the new Parenfair location is a pretty cool place so it all worked out int the end.

I'm all for new events and support the folks who produce them but I hope that in the future these guys will look at the event schedule of other VW events in the area so they don't step on other folks toes. Doing crap like this weakens both events and can potentially jeopardize future events for both venues. A new one may not have a lot invested in it, but a show like Englishtown, that has stood by our hobby through thick and thin is worth and is worth our support.

While I got your attention, I'll throw in a plug for the HAVOC boys and the great job they have always done. Most don't know the amount of work that goes into producing an event. Even if it is a low key event, there is a lot of money and energy that goes into it to "pull it off" specially when it's primarily ran by volunteers. Volkfest has always been a favorite specifically because of the awesome swap. CJVWS will surely be there again on the 28th to support the real Volksfest at their new location.
[http://www.parenfaire.com/volksfest/].

-jeffrey
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
I'm all for new events and support the folks who produce them but I hope that in the future these guys will look at the event schedule of other VW events in the area so they don't step on other folks toes. Doing crap like this weakens both events and can potentially jeopardize future events for both venues. A new one may not have a lot invested in it, but a show like Englishtown, that has stood by our hobby through thick and thin is worth and is worth our support.
-jeffrey

Just an FYI, the date for this event was posted way way in advance of the Englishtown event. In fact it was in two prior threads months ago. This guy may have not known about the ETown date. I didn't know the ETown date until you jumped in with it at one point. Maybe this guy has a vendetta, maybe not, I don't know him. It does suck that there are two events on one day. Both may pull cars from attending the other show Crying or Very sad

I may be wrong, but maybe consider this a local & small show versus going to a big main show. Some guys prefer different things. ie. Grass vs pavement, big vs. small show, etc.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did pm the promoter and he did say it's both air and water cooled vehicles. I'm not a big Etown fan, and I like the drive west to Ctown, so I'm going to give this show a chance with my aircooled. If I'm the only one there, so be it.. it's supposed to be a nice day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how the turnout is. No hard feelings about the show, I hope it works out. I just wish it didn't conflict with etown.

-jeffrey
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: