Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where to Buy SA Grille Inner Lights
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RicoS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Where to Buy SA Grille Inner Lights Reply with quote

The Hella inner lights for my SA grille are both losing their reflective coatings. Since they have an integral mounting bracket, i cannot just pop in some Hella driving lights. I tried to buy some from Go-Westy, but they would not sell them to me because I had not bought the SA grille kit from them. So much for free enterprise.

Does anyone know who sells replacements for these unique lights?

Richie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can order them direct off their web page. Comes with bracket and adjusters. Try this link
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_category.php?id=294
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this begin to be one of "those" topics????

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482412&

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
RicoS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillM wrote:
You can order them direct off their web page. Comes with bracket and adjusters. Try this link
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_category.php?id=294

Thanks! It's been a while since I contacted G-Westy regarding the lights. Like some women who populated my life, once they said, "No.", I didn't give term a second thought.

Richie
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus Depot has them also, but I think they're a few dollars more.

As has been noted on the other thread, the lights themselves are the same as the driving lights from the early Cabriolet, but the mounts are different. The metal tabs on the lenses of the Cabriolet ones are not only deeper, but reversed 180 degrees.

Ed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: