Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Repair of Sliding door track
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
barefootwestie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair of Sliding door track Reply with quote

No not yet. Life got me sidetracked (no pun intended) ... and a stinking point set screw. Got a new dwell meter and was so excited that I was going to get everything tuned right. Then DROPPED the set screw down into the engine tins. Had to take tins apart to get to it. Well, foot. I got the tins off, might as well paint them. Good news, they are painted, bad news that was 2 years ago. lol. Maybe one day ...

1973 Westfalia
"Getting better....one repair at a time."

Other VW's owned through the years, in no particular order:
'67 Beetle,
'67 Ghia Hardtop,
'72 Ghia Convertible,
'72 Westfalia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Repair of Sliding door track Reply with quote

Is it possible to replace just the inner rocker and leave the track slider in place? My inner rocker is thin but the middle rocker with the sliding door track seems solid. I won't really know until I open it up I guess. My b-pillar, splash area, floor support and inner rocker are toast.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Traveling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail head full of zombie"
-Men at Work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: