Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body color code label
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also need a
MANGOGRUN L 346 (mango green) and
GOLFBLAU L 390 (gulf blue) along with the
ANTHRAZITE L469 (anthracite) if your making a list Very Happy
Johnjlev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS Word has the following under "insert/symbols":
Ä Ë Ï Ö Ü ä ë ï ü ö ÿ

I spent only about 10 min producing the following label using Excel and Word. I didn’t take any time to make sure the colors and fonts were correct or the label was the right size. I was just curious how easy or hard it would be.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is on regular run of the mill pressure sensitive label stock and does not have the shiny metal look of the OEM label (who even knows what that really looks like based on all the different looking ones in the post) but what the hell. For those of us who don’t have to have a perfect looking label this would suffice. It might not weather that well but being that it’s no problem to mass produce them you can replace it any time you want.
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnjlev wrote:
MS Word has the following under "insert/symbols":
Ä Ë Ï Ö Ü ä ë ï ü ö ÿ

I spent only about 10 min producing the following label using Excel and Word. I didn’t take any time to make sure the colors and fonts were correct or the label was the right size. I was just curious how easy or hard it would be.

This is on regular run of the mill pressure sensitive label stock and does not have the shiny metal look of the OEM label (who even knows what that really looks like based on all the different looking ones in the post) but what the hell. For those of us who don’t have to have a perfect looking label this would suffice. It might not weather that well but being that it’s no problem to mass produce them you can replace it any time you want.

If everyone has the time and knowledge how to do everything, YOU won't have the job that makes the money to bring food to your plate everyday. That is the way it works.

66 Bug "Trixie"
68 Bug "Deco" (parting out)
73 Bug "Blue Angel" (RIP)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DHMaher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've noticed that some of the OG (or what appear to be OG) labels are in all caps while others are lower case. Does anyone have a breakdown as to what is correct for which years?

Thanks!
See my ads
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldguysrule wrote:
I also need a
MANGOGRUN L 346 (mango green) and
GOLFBLAU L 390 (gulf blue) along with the
ANTHRAZITE L469 (anthracite) if your making a list Very Happy

I am receiving the correct paper (to spec) this week. I do have the list and each of you will be contacted individually. Thanks for your support. I know "anybody" can do this. But, If I know myself everything, I wouldn't be needing a welder right now. So, I'll pay to someone who has the knowledge and patience to do it.

I am planning to give back a donation of 5% of each paid order to Samba. Because if it wasn't for this site I and most of us wouldn't be here enjoying this great car.

66 Bug "Trixie"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHMaher wrote:
So I've noticed that some of the OG (or what appear to be OG) labels are in all caps while others are lower case. Does anyone have a breakdown as to what is correct for which years?

Thanks!

The OG from W.Germany were done in upper and lower case on a specific font (which I have). The upper case were done in the US and Brazil and for the last years of making it was in English. Mexico went back to the upper/lower case and it was in English. Australia was all as German specs.

66 Bug "Trixie"
NCdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a

Bahamablau L 519
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iVolkswagen
The Modern-Day Hippie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Anthracite L469 (in german spelling please)

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" MS Word has the following under "insert/symbols":
Ä Ë Ï Ö Ü ä ë ï ü ö ÿ "

Correct. I write alot in German for work, and this same "insert/symbols" allows you to assign a "shortcut key" of your choice (in the lower right portion of the menu box). This allows you to insert the umlaut using any combination of keyboard keys per your choice. For me, I use "control- u" for lower case umlaut u; "control -shift- u" for capital umlaut U; and similar for other letters.
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHMaher wrote:

Thanks!

The factory paint labels are all caps from ~late 1958 until ~1962-63; then upper & lower case in a larger font. Around 1968, the font became much smaller.
bsvwoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Body Color Code Label Reply with quote

I could use a label too. Swartz L41

And i am local too...

PC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:
DHMaher wrote:

Thanks!

The factory paint labels are all caps from ~late 1958 until ~1962-63; then upper & lower case in a larger font. Around 1968, the font became much smaller.

Thanks Janerick3, I am trying to gather as much information possible to do a precised job.

66 Bug "Trixie"
henry roberts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decobugma07 wrote:
Australia was all as German specs.

someone has told you the wrong info.

these are from different years and are all different sizes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry roberts wrote:
decobugma07 wrote:
Australia was all as German specs.

someone has told you the wrong info.

Thanks Henry. That is very helpful. I am making continuous notes for all this variations.
The more information I get from the sources (you VW owners) the more accurate the final work will be.

66 Bug "Trixie"
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labels came today. They are acid free and waterproof (according to the manufacture). These labels are used for the automobile industry for years. These are NOT the regular labels that you'll find in OfficeMax, Staples, etc. These labels (from OfficeMax, Staples, etc like Avery) will come apart as soon if gets humid or get in-touch with water. Also, they'll be printed with waterproof laser ink for durability.

I am going to print some samples today. I have my list done so far of the people that have shown interest. I'll send individual email to these people to get more information about the style of label that came originally in their vehicles.

Thanks for your support. By this, you'll be supporting also a % to Samba for the great community that had created for us.

66 Bug "Trixie"
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decobugma07 wrote:
I know "anybody" can do this. But, If I know myself everything, I wouldn't be needing a welder right now. So, I'll pay to someone who has the knowledge and patience to do it.

I am planning to give back a donation of 5% of each paid order to Samba. Because if it wasn't for this site I and most of us wouldn't be here enjoying this great car.

Your response to John was too kind. Not everyone can do this. It takes a lot more than the time to type disparraging remarks like John's to produce these decals. I've wanted to do these for years- long before the ability to conjur a (hopefully) worthwhile order through a website such as this.

That said, I took a close look at my decal on my Sea blau/ cumulus white bus. I know it's perhaps late in the game- but I'd gladly pay more to have one in the proper two-line text. If you'd like- I'll do my best to take a good photo with my thrift store digital camera.

Thanks again for your effort on these. I personally love paying true Craftsman I've got to know through The Samba for unique items rather than clicking an online catalog box.

Sincerely, Bradford

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
decobugma07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here is the latest.

After a few tries I have all lined up. One liners and two liners will be available. For best results (since there are so many variations) if you happen to have some portion of your old one, take a picture and I'll duplicate yours.

For double costume colors, I can do a double liner (top name for upper color and bottom for lower color)

For Australian style a picture it would be best since I see they were done in a variety of fonts.

As I'll keep to improve the output and closer to original, I'll appreciate to get as much information from you guys for better results.

So now I'll go through my list and start to get this ball rolling.

66 Bug "Trixie"
pathwayrev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add to your list:
Gulf Blue (in German, of course)
for my '62.
Thanks!
DHMaher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine the other day. Looks great! I'll post a pic when I get it installed...
See my ads
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: