Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Classifieds Ad Format test
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camoscion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new ad style works much better it makes me happy to see that there is always inprovement in the site keep up the great work !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jayuyano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: format Reply with quote

Go 4 it looks good to me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetleben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiko wrote:
Just curious, don't you achieve a similar result in sizing and conveniance though if you click the existing "Show all photos full size" ?

Photos are enlarged to same size as new format and in my opinion, it's easier and faster to scroll past specific images I may not want to view.

I prefer using the option of clicking "Show all photos full size" with the ad text still present at bottom. I also like the basic format where clicking a particular thumbnail opens a new individual blank page with solid white background and in some ads or computers,even enlarge image once thumbnail is opened in a new page.

If new format had capability of enlarging select photos in new box above the 640x480 or his res, that would be cool but I also know that depends on person uploading image. You are correct in that new format does not work for all ads where poster uploaded small images. I notice lots of forum post images are huge res/size but ad photos are limited in size.

New format is a nice site upgrade if left as an option but I wouldnt want it to become the new standard or only method of ad viewing. Just my opinion and feedback FWIW.

i agree- if you just click the show all photos full size you canstill view the advert details too and i find other sites that have the 'pop ups' tend to slow the site down while its loading.

still anything that you decide is good with me- thesamba.com is the best site in the world!!! Smile
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Thanks.

The pop up is generally a fail based on the feedback here so that will most likely be removed.

I've actually been leaving myself on the old format so that is not good, usually I do something and it's a clear move forward and the old format seems stupid.

The larger main photo is clearly a success so that is in for sure.

I'm still thinking about what to make permanent, along with trying some other stuff that is not generally available yet.

I made some changes today.
The pop-up format is still there but now it's more like an option (Beta) that you can switch to if you want.

The new normal format is larger photos and pretty much the same it was originally since most people wanted to keep the same format we already had but with larger photos.

glutamodo wrote:
There are times when I wish there could be a customizable member-setting for to automatically show all pictures full size. Sometimes when I'm browsing and opening lots of ads, I'll open several of them in new windows or tabs and look at them after I've picked out all the ones on the search page - having all of them load up the full size photos during that would be nice.
-Andy

I added this as another link you can click at the top of the ad.
It will automatically load all the larger photos and you can turn it on/off by clicking that link.

Look for these links:
Turn on always show all large photos
Turn off always show all large photos

It's not just for that one ad, of course, it will stay on until you turn it back off.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a.wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love both changes.

oemwolf
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I added this as another link you can click at the top of the ad.
It will automatically load all the larger photos and you can turn it on/off by clicking that link..

Cool, just tried that out, awesome... thank you!
-Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the larger pics!

however,

with the beta turned off, and the "always show large photos" turned off, in an ad with multiple pictures, it might be a little confusing.
when i move the cursor over the "additional photos" in the ad (the actual picture), the cursor does not show it as a clickable link (change from an arrow to a finger), nor does the info appear on the bottom of my screen (like it would if i moved it over a website link).
it took me all of about 2 seconds to figure out that you need to click on the pics to change them to the main pic in the ad, but for a new site user, it might be confusing because someone might not think to click on the pics since there is nothing indicating them to be a clickable item.

a.wilson wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Love both changes.

yes, i agree. Wink
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Hazetguy - Ok, I believe the "Additional Photos" area used to say "Click for full size image" or something similar at one point. I will add that back in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ok, I believe the "Additional Photos" area used to say "Click for full size image" or something similar at one point. I will add that back in.

i see it has been added. that certainly helps clarify what needs to be done. thanks.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Ok, I believe the "Additional Photos" area used to say "Click for full size image" or something similar at one point. I will add that back in.

i see it has been added. that certainly helps clarify what needs to be done. thanks.

I re-added the status bar and hand icon as well.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the popup window to be slower. I know it's a trend but my opinion is for the quicker image switch in the same window.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: