Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newest Post Switch ?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Newest Post Switch ? Reply with quote

Can someone advise me how to place my Forums on the 'Newest Post' setting as a permanent setting. At the bottom of each Forum I switch to 'Newest Post' from Oldest Post and hit go. It works while I am in The Samba but once I leave and come back, it has automatically switched back to Oldest Post.

Guidance would be welcome.

Thanx

Burly
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not something that can be made to stay permanent.

I'm not sure why you want to read the posts backwards but if you are trying to get to the newest post in a particular thread since the last you logged in, click on the little green piece of paper icon
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
next to the thread and your browser will jump to the newest post for you.

Firefox jumps better than Internet Explorer if you have a choice of browsers.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Everett............

Burly
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, but thought I'd use it instead of starting a new one.

Everett, if you read this - have you ever had anyone complain before about the "jump to newest" not working correctly? My problem is NOT with the Site - it's something on my computer and only with IE8. Firefox works OK, but I don't use Firefox that much. And it's not that bad of a problem, it's just I would like to figure it out. And my laptop still works correctly.

What happens is when I click on the green Jump To Newest Unread button, it will only take me to the top of the page of the newest post, it won't advance down to the actual newest unread. Same thing happens after I make a new post, just goes to the top of page.

Tried Googling the issue, not much luck. So thought I'd at least ask and see if you've ever heard of the issue, my guess is that it's just one of those weird-ass things that happens only to me. Rolling Eyes Probably some buried system setting or registry value.

-Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard that complaint but the limited times I have used IE7/8 I have noticed it doesn't jump down the page as well as Firefox. You often end up in weird places because of image loading and resizing.

Can you upgrade to IE9? Maybe it works better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer Everett... IE9 is no option for me, as I use XP. I guess if this really starts bugging me I'll just ditch IE entirely and use FF all the time.

You mentioned image resizing - I have a question about that... Why is it that after you post a reply, and then let it show the post, the auto-resize stops working? When there's some 3000 pixel photo on the page this is really annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
Why is it that after you post a reply, and then let it show the post, the auto-resize stops working? When there's some 3000 pixel photo on the page this is really annoying.

I have never heard or seen that either so I have to guess this is IE as well.

I'm impressed you can use IE8 at all, it's so slow it's unusable for me.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pages that really seem slow to me on IE8 are the brochures and manuals pages with all those thumbnails. I just tried it in FF and damn, you're right, they do load up a lot faster! The rest of the site is fine with IE though.

I don't think this jump-to-newest probem is IE8, it's just something effed up on my computer, it does it on some other forums I'm on too. My backup computer and laptop work fine, it's just my main desktop computer. Grr.

I know that resize-after-posting issue on theSamba was around for me long before I switched to IE8. I never used IE7, tried it and immediately uninstalled it. So I jumped from IE 6-something to 8.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: