Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gold rush Alaska. On Discovery channel.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww.... now what did you have to go and do that for?

We just got to see the first of the new seasons episodes up here in Canada (yes we have TV's in our igloos Razz ), that 16 year old definitely seems to have more brains than the entire dumbshit crew combined and the old guy next door (grandfather?) that seems to own all the claims is the funniest of the bunch, you can see him chuckling inside every time one of the dumbshits show up to bum something. I stopped watching because I couldn't stand it last year but this thread made me look once more (just like a car crash), I'm hoping the dumbshits get played by the 16 year old. If natural selection wasn't involved they would have failed before they even reached the first claim in year one, but I guess TV funding and contracts keep the carnage coming Confused

Gotta go now, Hillbilly had fishin is on Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
banditwolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first season was interesting to watch them make the homemade equipement. But each time they ran out of money somehow they got more. Between the two seasons they were supposed to start on two locations. Now where did that money come from and the money for new/used equipement? (ok I know they got paid by discovery, but the show doesn't give any details) I can't stand the show now jumping around to cover 4 groups now. I quit watching it.

Discovery seems to know how to kills off some shows. I used to like watching the Chopper shows just to see the bikes being built. It's terrible to watch now too.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a male soap opera, just like lizard lick towing and operation repo. thats all it is.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Gold rush Alaska. On Discovery channel. Reply with quote

Watched a couple of the newer episodes yesterday. Got to give the kid some props! Not many people older than him can do the things he is doing on his own or being told what to do.
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
tncsparky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that one guy dyes his mustache.
Anyone notice Fred's Frankenstein boot?

scotth17
I think you are just waiting around for a high-five from a unicorn so you can feel better about yourself
Ghiaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the show is trying to promote some kind of
sympathy for Dakota ("I'm not a claim-jumper") Fred.
His son seems like a decent guy, but Fred deserves the karma
coming his way. Twisted Evil
Let the soap opera continue.

Karmann Ghia & Beetle parts available.
Convertible tops installed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred's got a better pump and thats about it. I think granpa Schnabel is pretty badass. He seems like a guy thats seen it all, made his money and could care less if he dies tommorrow. I hope I'm like that when I get old.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazz79 wrote:
I think granpa Schnabel is pretty badass. He seems like a guy thats seen it all.

^^^^That pretty much sums up the whole show.

I watched the Schnabel family reunion this week. The kids Dad and brother showed up to help build a steep road up to some virgin Schnabel paydirt. Dad was running the track loader the sons where running the 6X6 and an old 10 wheeler and gramps showed up and helped out with the payloader. I was on the edge of my seat when Jr. and Gramps almost got killed in the 6X6. Stay tuned!

When ever that kid looks in the camera his face says "whatever i'm getting paid!"

tncsparky wrote:
I think that one guy dyes his mustache.
Anyone notice Fred's Frankenstein boot?

^^ Yea that dudes whole leg is twisted. Someone probably tossed him in a washplant for claim jumping years ago!

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chazz79 wrote:
I think granpa Schnabel is pretty badass. He seems like a guy thats seen it all, made his money and could care less if he dies tommorrow. I hope I'm like that when I get old.

hell yeah, in one of the episodes he rolls up eating a banana, I thought that was awesome when I saw it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timo78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lahti35 wrote:
Anybody ever keep track of how many times Todd said "frickin" in the first season?

new drinking game w/ the fellas> take a sip every time Todd says 'frickin'
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I see a commercial for this show over the weekend. It appears James Harness was stealing out of the "gold room". The old Man Jack Hoffman is "totally addicted to morphine". Parker has his head in hands with who knows what bad news. Anyone still hanging in there watching this?

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Season finally was last Friday, the Hoffman crew all got $8K each for their back breaking efforts, the Dakota boys did turn a profit, I dont remember how much, and the Gold nugget mine lost money, but grandpa put down $150K down for next year to mine agian.
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
The Season finally was last Friday, the Hoffman crew all got $8K each for their back breaking efforts, the Dakota boys did turn a profit, I dont remember how much, and the Gold nugget mine lost money, but grandpa put down $150K down for next year to mine agian.

IDK Manny. Sounds like there is some new revelations going on up there in the Klondike.

Quote:
REVELATIONS Special! Premieres Friday, March 2 at 9p E/P

In never before seen footage, the miners unearth the sometimes ugly truth about their 2011 mining seasons. The crews also clue us in on their big plans for the 2012 season. Determined to turn failure at Big Nugget into success, Parker goes to extremes to prep the Big Nugget mine. Jack goes under the knife to rid himself of nagging back pain. And in a shocking development, one miner is kicked off the Hoffman crew.

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn A wrote:
mannys66 wrote:

IDK Manny. Sounds like there is some new revelations going on up there in the Klondike.

Quote:
REVELATIONS Special! Premieres Friday, March 2 at 9p E/P

In never before seen footage, the miners unearth the sometimes ugly truth about their 2011 mining seasons. The crews also clue us in on their big plans for the 2012 season. Determined to turn failure at Big Nugget into success, Parker goes to extremes to prep the Big Nugget mine. Jack goes under the knife to rid himself of nagging back pain. And in a shocking development, one miner is kicked off the Hoffman crew.

OH MAN!! Leana is gonna love to hear there's still more episodes to watch.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I havent seen is how much they are making per person per episode. With one of thehighest rated shows on TV, how much money are they getting paid. I don't think they need to dig up gold to take gold to the bank, ya know
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
One thing I havent seen is how much they are making per person per episode. With one of thehighest rated shows on TV, how much money are they getting paid. I don't think they need to dig up gold to take gold to the bank, ya know

Depends on how much Gold Harness was stealing and how bad the old mans Morphine habit is. I can't watch the commercial without laughing. The old man with his squeaking voice saying "I am totally addicted to morphine" LOL! He was probably the guy that kept sending harness into town to get another perscription filled!

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn A wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Depends on how much Gold Harness was stealing and how bad the old mans Morphine habit is. I can't watch the commercial without laughing. The old man with his squeaking voice saying "I am totally addicted to morphine" LOL! He was probably the guy that kept sending harness into town to get another perscription filled!

Isn't Harness the dude with the bad back? maybe he's the old man's dealer.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

No kidding. You know that Chum-lee on Pawn Stars drives a Maseratti?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
Glenn A wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Isn't Harness the dude with the bad back? maybe he's the old man's dealer.

Yea, Thats my theory. Some pharmacist will probably end up doing time overthis.

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: